The HP2 Sport has landed

Yonkyo

Dancing with the Diavel
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Got the call from Bristol Motorrad today....its here, its here.

My gorgeous HP2 Sport came out of the crate today. I just need to beg and borrow £14.5k form somewhere/one.

Picture013.jpg

Picture024.jpg

Picture002.jpg

I sat on one at the bike show mate,bloody lovely piece of kit.

I think we need a green with envy smilie!
:thumb

Damm that looks good. I really like the look of it.
Im just curious, a question to all you enginnering types out there.

This HP2 seems to have the same frame as the original HP2 Enduro aka Paris Dakar frame.

I wondering, the PD frame is for offroad use, how does that compare to racetrack use?

Obviously the frame is damm strong, but is thats all thats necessary.
I seem to recall that some manufacturers induce flex into their frame and some dont. Surely this frame is optimised for offroad use.

Comments?

£14500 F*CKING HELL
:)

My thoughts exactly.

Stunning,stunning bike but £14500 !!!!!!!!!

PB090030.jpg

Compared to £10695 for the RC8 I ordered.

Plus the RC has about 20 more ponies.

And seems to have rave reviews:

Page 1

Page 2

Page 3

Page 4

Page 5

Page 6

I really would love an HP2 Sport,but I think BMW are pricing themselves out of the market somewhat !!

I'm getting impatient

I ordered mine last October. Since then I've found out that I'll be paying more (AU$36,000) but don't get delivery until June. That stinks!:nenau

I really would love an HP2 Sport,but I think BMW are pricing themselves out of the market somewhat !!

I don't think this Work of Art and that orange thing are really aimed at the same market,are they?
Horsepower is one thing,exclusivity is another.:thumb

Does every thread have to lead to another plug from you about the KTM?

i like them both.

in fact i like the KTM so much i got this signed pic of their stylist :D

robert_llewelyn_kryten_red_dwarf.jpg

I don't think this Work of Art and that orange thing are really aimed at the same market,are they?
Horsepower is one thing,exclusivity is another.:thumb

Does every thread have to lead to another plug from you about the KTM?

Exclusivity is easy to achieve if you slap £4000 on a bike over and above it's competitors.

Just look at the Megamoto-have they sold any in the UK,fabulous bike as it is ?

Why are the Work of Art and That Orange Thing not aimed at the same market ?

They are both twins,both with fairly roomy riding positions and upmarket suspension.

Both are a breath of fresh air compared to the usual jap crap of Blades/ZX10s and the like.

Admittedly only one of them could probably take on and beat the Ducati 1098,as already shown in the first test published,and one of them would probably come last in any group test.But,then it's exclusive and not allowed to be compared against anything else at 2/3 the price !!

And in over 80 posts I mentioned that orange thing 5 times.

My sincere apologies.

But lying here at home (after surgery-which I have also probably mentioned more than you would like) with half my fcuking ear hanging off and hoping that I am over the worst-thinking ahead to positive stuff like getting the new bike,as well as communicating with you tossers has been one of the things that has kept me going these last few days-sorry if it offends you.

But I do think the HP2 Sport is stunning-just not £14500 worth of stunning.

Well if I had £14.500 going spare I'd be down the BMW shop tomorrow.. if I had £10.695 going spare, no way in the world would I put it on a KTM orange thingy..

No comparison, BMW outclasses the KTM by a country mile..

Well if I had £14.500 going spare I'd be down the BMW shop tomorrow.. if I had £10.695 going spare, no way in the world would I put it on a KTM orange thingy..

We all have different tasted,which is the spice of life.

But I'd be interested to know in what way you think the BMW outclasses the KTM.

I actually prefer the looks of the BMW.But other than that.....

Something else BMWs do better than KTM - Depreciate in value :mad:

Lost more money on my 06 GS1200 than a dodgy time share! Why did i sell my GS1150 :tears
You guys rushing out to buy the new GS 800 will be next ,give it a year or so and they will bring out a GS800 ADV and your bike will half in value overnight ....best way to buy is low mile used IMHO...

I wondering, the PD frame is for offroad use, how does that compare to racetrack use?
Surely this frame is optimised for offroad use.
Comments?
Riders will be able to short cut across the corners, ie on the green bit of the track :D

Cheers for your comments fellers :thumb

I traded in my 06 ZX-10R for the HP2, great bike, but I wanted a completely different kind of sports bike. The short list was down to: Duke 1098R, MV F4R or the KTM RC8.

I was on the verge of going for the RC8 until my eyes beheld the HP2 at the NEC Show. It was love at first sight.

Ok, so the KTM is more powerful and much cheaper, but i think the HP2 is an absolute unique work of engineering art and worth every penny for the sum of its components and build quality – Telelever front, Paralever shaft, Ohlins, Quick Shifter, adjustable everything, MotoGp dash…….etc.:bow

Bugger….The weather forecast is shite for tomorrow. Oh well I’ll have to get her in the van. I can’t bring myself ride her in the rain yet.

The RC8 is going to be popular, but not exclusive. Three of my mates have already ordered them.

There are only 60 HP2 Sports coming to the UK this year.

What cost, beauty or a fine work of art?

I'll let you all know how she performs...when it stops raining. :thumb

Back
Top Bottom