Unlock Codes for second Garmin unit

Rabbitson

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
This may be useful to those of you planning to buy a second Garmin unit

Be aware that there are greater licensing restrictions for City Navigator 2008 than there were for versions 8 and 9

If you purchased a new gps with City Navigator version 8 or 9, you should still have the right to a free unlock code for a second gps unit.

If, however, you have purchased a new unit with City Navigator 2008 in the box, you will not have the right to this 2nd unlock code.

I am not well versed in all the possible scenarios for this, but it seems this may be a good reason for some of us to purchase an ''older'' version of a new product, i.e. one with version 9 of City Navigator in the box. This way you should be able to get a free upgrade to CN2008 while still maintaining your right to a free unlock code for a second unit for CN version 9 should you need it (many other Garmin units are not supplied with maps in the box, e.g. Colorado, 60c, 278, etc)

HTH

David

Its such a shame Garmin don't bundle mapping in with GPS's like the 60Csx etc, or at least include a voucher to buy it at a discounted price, I'm sure it puts people off buying

Back
Top Bottom