First year with a 1150 GS

Peter Harris

Reaction score
What an enjoyable year i've had. Picked up my new bike from the exellant South London Motorcycles on 30th Nov 02 & celibrated its 1st birthday on a SLM trip to France. That day saw the odometer turn past 12,000 miles. I think that aint bad for pleasure use. I went to the GS gathering at Haame Belgium, saw Bruce Springsteen twice at Crystal Palace Arena, saw the Rolling Stones at twickenham( 20 rows from the stage) went to the Stella Alpina rally in Italy taking in Mont Blanc & the Matterhorn on the way home + 7 good passes,the Princetown rally,the Kent bunkhouse weekend & a fair amount of local rideouts. Also went on line for the first time thanks to Judge kitting me out with a redundant P.C. he had lying in the loft. Excuse my ignorance, but i thought they were electric not steam. He's been a real gem. Sadly i've fitted 37 extras, but i really do love my bike. We have a real good chat together in the garage. New years promise. No more extras, but a lot more petrol & you GSers out there are a fantastic lot & what a webb site. See ya in 04

Congratulations on your first year together - you forgot to tell us his/her name!

Keep "overdosing on life" and look forward to seeing you again in the new year.

:beerjug:

Iain
(resting & healing)

Iain Hogg

I had'nt thought of a name for it. How about the honour going to you ? Judge named me Uncle Albert ( only fools and horses) as i'm always going on about the old days, oh and i forgot to mention that i,ve lost balance and fell off the poxy thing five times. Since iv'e been giving it a good screwing alls been fine. Looking forward to meeting you (intro needed) & dont forget the name (rude and funny)

Re: Iain Hogg

Uncle Albert said:
Looking forward to meeting you (intro needed)

We did meet, at Princetown - but then you were probably overdosing on 'life' then, as were most of us! :beer:

Oh, and again on the way home filling up with fuel at Honiton.

Still working on a name....

Iain

1 year eh?... Oh sure it’s all romance now… you’re still in the honeymoon period. Still buying her little presents. Cleaning her every time you take her out, showing off to your friends & revelling in their envy.
But just you wait till she’s got a few miles under her belt… bits begin to sag, tarnish, or just plain fall off & you find your eye falling on younger models. You try to convince yourself “I’m just admiring the performance” but then you go out with your mates & joking “phwar look at the spec on that”, “bet she handles”.
Then your ways part & she takes half your house!

(oops… might be a bit off the mark with that last bit)
:rolleyes:

:D

Back
Top Bottom