Clarkes Rednal

BTBR

Compulsive tinkerer........!
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Just picked up the GS from Clarkes BMW after its first service, first class job and it was even washed ready for me so that I could get it covered in road salt again on the way home, it’s the thought that counts.
All free of charge as well…plus I had a loan bike….. ok it was only a F650 thingy with a rubber band for a drive chain but hey it got me about and that was free as well!!
To be honest the F650 or whatever it was (the one with a big vacant where the tank should be) was actually very good. For a single cylinder it didn’t half go and handled really well but as for the styling…oh dear?
The other really bizarre thing was that it had “normal” indicators, as in everything was on the left hand side, Japanese style. When I bought the GS I adapted much quicker than I thought I would to the separate left and right indicator controls but after only riding the GS for two weeks going back to the controls all on the left was very alien indeed.
In fact it totally threw me into complete and utter confusion al the time I was on it!
Anyway I stopped for a coffee & a chat as you do and dribbled and drooled over the new Adventure in the showroom with all the usual bits and bobs fitted to it including all the BWW aluminium luggage….hmmmm very nice and a snip at just over £10300, “we can do you a good deal” came the cry from the salesman…..
Quick time to leave :moped:

I just 'dropped into my local dealer for a coffee and a chat' last week, and came the cry, "we can do you a good deal". Tomorrow, I pick up £8k's worth of GS which I hadn't intended to buy!!!
It's started! Next stop bankruptcy.
It was the voices that made me do it, honest Doctor!!!!!:confused:

Flying banana said:
I just 'dropped into my local dealer for a coffee and a chat' last week, and came the cry, "we can do you a good deal". Tomorrow, I pick up £8k's worth of GS which I hadn't intended to buy!!!
It's started! Next stop bankruptcy.
It was the voices that made me do it, honest Doctor!!!!!:confused:

:D ha ha.... that was me two weeks ago as well...are we related by chance?

Back
Top Bottom