Orange Juice !!!!

Arsey

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
So,I've just driven all the way to the Nurburgring to find it was bloody snowing :

06042008118.jpg

Nevermind,had a good play along the Mosel and then down to Alsace and Colmar etc.

Got back last night.

Popped to see my KTM dealer this morning to discover my RC8 had arrived yesterday,3 weeks early !!

So a quick PDI/polish and it was all mine.

The sun was out so I went for a play.Took a few phone pics :

10042008148.jpg

10042008150.jpg

10042008151.jpg

10042008154.jpg

10042008152.jpg

I've got the seat/rear subframe on the high setting,bars on high and pegs on low and it is SO roomy for my 6'1" frame.

Just need to get some miles on it to bed the tyres in,but I love it already.

Nice RC8, that should get you across the island a bit quicker or is there still a 40mph speed limit on the island:augie

The RC8 is a great looking bike, I hope you enjoy it you lucky, lucky, lucky bar steward:thumb

Just need to get some miles on it to bed the tyres in,but I love it already.

Need to get the sandpaper out on those chicken strips :aidan

As you say very orange :eek: just out of interest, do you manage to get beyond halfway to the rpm limit in first gear when you break the speed limit :augie

Looks lovely and I think one of these will replace my k12r. But I'll leave it till they fix the gearbox

:hide

Stu

Need to get the sandpaper out on those chicken strips :aidan

As you say very orange :eek: just out of interest, do you manage to get beyond halfway to the rpm limit in first gear when you break the speed limit :augie

Give me a chance !! It's only got 40 miles on the clock and the tyres are still a bit slippy.

I'm hoping to at least get it into second gear when I take it to the Le Mans MotoGP next month.

grinning-smiley-010.gif

Looks lovely and I think one of these will replace my k12r. But I'll leave it till they fix the gearbox

:hide

Stu

Nothing wrong with my gearbox,though,as John pointed out,I've not got out of first yet !!
:D

Sweeeeet!

Congrats on your new bike! Looks better in orange than expected - I think you made the right choice :clap

Loverly !!

Really like these

Put me down for first dibs when you sell it in a few weeks :D

Like it a LOT more than when I saw it at a bike show in Feb - weird :nenau

Take it to The Ring and really get to enjoy it - I reckon you've got the makings of a pretty hot lap time :thumb2

Like it a LOT more than when I saw it at a bike show in Feb - weird :nenau

Take it to The Ring and really get to enjoy it - I reckon you've got the makings of a pretty hot lap time :thumb2

I've done 340 miles on it since Thursday,which ain't bad for a pissy little island.

I cannot believe how good it is-by far the best sportsbike I've ever had.The handling is out of this world-and that's over here on our little roads.

I'd love to take it to the Ring,but I've been there 3 times in the last year and don't know if I will get back this year-I'm taking it to the Le Mans MotoGP next month and then want to go and do the Millau Bridge/Tarn Gorge in June.

Got my Quest RAM mount sorted today :

14042008171.jpg

So I won't get lost now.

Nearly run the bugger in.

16042008179.jpg

Still loving it.

Nice photo of Bordeaux harbour , Herm ,Sark and Jethou . You sure you havn't been working for the tourist board while youve been off ? Take it up Pleimont and get some nice ones off the fortifications round the motocross track or down Petit Bot on the slipway

I prefer ...

... the naked version; although it might not go around corners quite as well :augie

Attachments

• KTM Dragster.jpg
    KTM Dragster.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 451
So,I've just driven all the way to the Nurburgring to find it was bloody snowing :

06042008118.jpg

Nevermind,had a good play along the Mosel and then down to Alsace and Colmar etc.

Got back last night.

Popped to see my KTM dealer this morning to discover my RC8 had arrived yesterday,3 weeks early !!

So a quick PDI/polish and it was all mine.

The sun was out so I went for a play.Took a few phone pics :

10042008151.jpg

i really love the look of your bike :)

new desktop background on my PC here at work

Oh I can't believe I missed this, you've finally got it, lucky :D:D

That is absolutely beautiful. Love the number plate too. Enjoy it, I know I would! :thumb2

Have you run her in yet then Asey?
Lets have some feed back then.

I had a good long test ride on the RC8 last week. And I’m sorry to say I was a bit underwhelmed really. There were still quite a few niggles that need sorting on the one that I borrowed. In particular the gearbox and fuelling. However, I’m sure it has the potential to be a great road/track tool with a bit of fettling.

Have you had any problems with yours yet?

Have you run her in yet then Asey?
Lets have some feed back then.

I had a good long test ride on the RC8 last week. And I’m sorry to say I was a bit underwhelmed really. There were still quite a few niggles that need sorting on the one that I borrowed. In particular the gearbox and fuelling. However, I’m sure it has the potential to be a great road/track tool with a bit of fettling.

+1 for some feedback...ive just read a cracking report in BIKE magazine...RC8 was winner of the hot twins group test :hug

+1 for some feedback...ive just read a cracking report in BIKE magazine...RC8 was winner of the hot twins group test :hug

The bike is fantastic.Best sportsbike I've ever owned by far.No problems at all.

Why should there be ? It's not a BMW !! To be honest,Yonkyo,I wouldn't expect you to report back that you loved it.

Once the gear lever was adjusted,the gearbox is fine.It's not as butter-smooth as say a GSXR 1000,but is much better than some people seem to report,having not adjusted the lever to suit their size etc.

It seems that the gear levers are set up with the pegs on high but the pegs are set to low,so the lever needs adjusting.

No other bike has such a range of adjustment,which includes bars,seat sub frame,peg height,gear/brake lever fore and aft etc etc.

So the bike does need setting up,which most people wouldn't do on a demo ride.It's like jumping in the wife's car and not moving the seat back !!

The fuelling is superb,as reported by Fast Bikes and Bike.

Fast Bikes said :

The engine has great strengths,it's exceptionally linear,with a real zing through the last 1000rpm that makes it worth chasing the shift light.The fuelling is excellent so long as you're not a ham-fisted retard or you ride at 2000 rpm on a steady throttle,when it hunts.Ridden properly,the pick-up and response is brilliant.
There's no doubt that these skills help the RC8 to be faster on road or track than the more brutal but less biddable 1098.That's why the RC8's our favourite.

Both mags tested the RC8 against the 848,1098 and RSVR Factory and the RC8 was the winner in both tests.

I've done about 750 miles,but all on the island.

I was going to take it to Le Mans this weekend but am going with a mate on his GSA so have decided to take my GSA too,as it makes sense,especially as showers are forecast and the RC8 has sticky tyres that aren't best suited to rain.

I'll take the RC8 away later in the summer.

The handling of the bike is out of this world.Even on our limited roads I've completely got rid of the chicken strips.

The comfort is brilliant too.I can ride all day and not have any aches-I rode most of one day a while back putting some miles on it.

I'm chuffed to bits with it and amazed how brilliant it is out of the crate.Can't wait for the RC8S next year.

Back
Top Bottom