Scarla Headset

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blinkineck

Reaction score
Anybody know if it's possible to use in ear headphones with the Scarla rider headset. I assume it would need a minijack socket. There's a rubber bung on the back of the section that fits to the helmet, is the where a mini jack would fit? The speaker that comes with the unit isn't bad, but headphones would be better..... Thanks

No, I'm afraid it's not possible. The rubber bung on the rear of the unit covers over the charging socket.

At a push I suppose you could chop the speakers off and wire in a 3.5mm jack or similar, but then no speakers :nenau

David.

At a push I suppose you could chop the speakers off and wire in a 3.5mm jack or similar, but then no speakers :nenau

David.

I have the Q2 and this is exactly what I am going to do. I read, I think on the Adv site, that's what someone or there has done and he's very happy with it. :thumb

Thanks for that. I know about the charging socket but the bung I referred to is
at the back of the part that fits to the helmet, next to where the
speaker cable goes in. I guess it's only possible by cutting the cable and as you say splicing a mini jack socket in there. Thanks anyway.

I see where you mean... I'm looking at mine now. Mine's the teamset version, which has two speakers, but even so they look to be hard-wired into the part that mounts on the helmet. I still reckon that splicing in the jack is the only way to go :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom