Poppy wooden cross

Twotter

Reaction score
I'm off to visit the Somme and Normandy next month and as part of my trip I would like to pay my respsects to as many men whose names are listed on my village War Memorial as I can.

I've found the names of 2x men with actual graves and a further 7x men who are remembered on the Arras, Pozieres and Thiepval Memorials.

I would like to leave a wooden cross with a poppy that I've seen in so many CWGC cemeteries but I'm not sure where to get them from. The Royal British Legion site would seem the obvious place to look but so far, I've not found any mention of them.

Any ideas / links ???

:nenau

Best idea is to go to any of the many war memorial shops in any of the towns over there and they can be bought for 1.50 euros which .50cents goes to charity.

I bought one last Wednesday whilst in Ypres for my Great Uncle.

I had a hell of a job tracking down a supply last year.

I'm an RBL member but I couldn't find anywhere to source them. In the end I contacted the local branch and was put in touch with the local branch committee member who deals with such things.

I think that all branches have someone who fulfils this role.

I made a contribution but there's no set cost.

I've just bought a boxful for my trip to Ypres for the May Day weekend.

Call Pam Titcombe of the RBL poppy appeal on 01622 717172 - tell her how many you want and she will post them immediately. They trust you to send some money by return - they cannot quote a price as it is a voluntary donation but they suggest 50p per cross to cover production and delivery. :thumb

If you are looking at names on the memorials to the missing, there's not many places to leave wooden crosses.

Takes some RBL Poppies and some Blu-Tac. If you can reach the name, this is a good idea....

190015155_HXdKB-M.jpg

Asked Pam for 10 crosses and she mentioned the 50p donation. Asked if I could give her a round tenner which was accepted :thumb2

Box arrived on Friday with 15 crosses in.

Thank you Pam.

Back
Top Bottom