Outdoor Activities in Picos

vireo

Reaction score
I'm off to Potes area with the family in July and am looking for tips/advice/recommendations from anyone who has engaged in the various outdoor persuits & activities on offer there. Specifically, the likes of kayaking, rafting, etc, bearing in mind the ages of the kids (9,12 & 17)

So, anyone been there,done that?

They will not likely take too kindly to 8-10hour hikes through the mountains......:) so I'l looking for other things to entertain them....

:aidan

Vireo

There are loads of quad hire places (go your own way or tours) I'd opt for tours as the Guarda Civila are particularly hot on illegal off-roading especially close to the national park.

Guys on a trip I organised in 2006 went canoeing/kayaking in Canga de Onis, there may be stuff nearer on account a river runs right through the middle of Potes.

But in essence their mainstay of activities are quads, mountain biking and kayaking.

Plus, the cable car at Fuente Dé should scare the crap out of 'em for a morning :thumb

(Second thoughts, leave it 'til later in the afternoon when the tour coaches will be gone)

put the kids in the cinema and shag the missus outdoors. :)

or are you a bit old for all that ?

Plus, the cable car at Fuente Dé should scare the crap out of 'em for a morning :thumb

(Second thoughts, leave it 'til later in the afternoon when the tour coaches will be gone)

Or rather leave it until you can see the top of Fuente De or you won't get full scare the crap out of them for your money bang for buck :D

Back
Top Bottom