Pip's walking 26 miles through the night in her bra!

MMC

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Pip's off, next Saturday night, to walk 26.2 miles through London in a bra. I think she's planning on wearing a few other clothes, otherwise the poor love will freeze! She's doing it in aid of "Walk the Walk, Uniting Against Breast Cancer".

Here she is, training this weekend (it's my silly hat, so not her fault at all!):

Pipinahat.jpg

Rather than waffle on, here's what she's said:

Fifteen years ago this November my Mum, Sally, died from breast cancer. She was just 50 years old and left me, my sister and three brothers without our Mum whom we adored.

I miss my Mum so very much, every single day, as do the rest of our family.

Her death came as such an unexpected, devastating shock and in the years that have passed I've always felt I should have done something positive to celebrate her life. So, at midnight on Saturday 17th May, I will be setting off, along with my fellow Moonbeams, Mary and Karen, and 15,000 other women, and some men, to walk the Moonwalk, 26.2 miles through London, through the night.

We'll be walking in our bras (men too) to raise money for Walk the Walk, uniting against breast cancer.

I hope she'll be proud of me, although she'll probably think I'm a bit mad. Since she died the message I've got from her, time and time again, is "search for the hero inside yourself". That's what I'm doing now Mum.

I'm dedicating my walk to her memory, with so very much love and also to my dear friend Ali Booker, with much love and so much respect for her fight against breast cancer.

So, if you want to support Pipster, here's a linky:

Pip's Moonwalk

Thanks - I know she'll really appreciate it :thumb

Mr Hale, you're a kind man! Although I don't think that donation - generous as it is - will get you a braless walk :D

Good on her :thumb

most people would have given up at the fall.

Too right! The paramedic advised her very strongly that she should give up, but nope. Not little Pip. Spine made from pure tungsten steel - and as determined as a terrier. I am SO proud of her! :thumb2

...even if the poor love is hobbling everywhere today!

:clap:clap:clap

Good stuff there! I trust Pip is now being waited on hand and foot for her efforts? Wish her well for me. :thumb2

Back
Top Bottom