French Bank Account

LPB

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I saw a post here recently about Credit Agricole offering a french bank account for frequent vistitors to France.
Now I want it I cant find it - can someone point me to the thread please.
Thanks,
Lloyd

4.75 euros per month just for the account. Cards extra. Expensive if you dont use it regular.

Bought a tiny wee place in the south of France, on the med a few months ago so opened an account with HSBC in France coz me better half has an account with them here in UK. Advantage is that it only costs a tenner to transfer dosh from the UK to French accounts.
Slight disadvantage is that we had to take a ferry trip to Caen to open the account, no big deal for us as we live on the south coast and anyway we brought back 50 bottles of plonk on the bikes. Fare was 20 quid each, bike and rider.
millard

maybe you could buy petrol on a sunday.

I do have a French bank account, for exactly that reason.

However, with the number of automatic machines that now accept UK debit and credit cards, the need is probably vanishing.

I saw a post here recently about Credit Agricole offering a french bank account for frequent vistitors to France.
Now I want it I cant find it - can someone point me to the thread please.
Thanks,
Lloyd

We have been with Credit Agricole for a few years for our French banking but have just switched to HSBC - you can now open a French HSBC account from the UK. Their online banking is better than CA.

Paul

p.s Ive never had trouble getting fuel on a Sunday...and if you think that you are going to struggle then fill up on Saturday.

p.s Ive never had trouble getting fuel on a Sunday...and if you think that you are going to struggle then fill up on Saturday.

Good idea, apart from even the tank on a GSA won't hold enough fuel should I need/want to cross the country in a day.

Good idea, apart from even the tank on a GSA won't hold enough fuel should I need/want to cross the country in a day.

.....Don't you know? There are NO vehicles on French roads on a Sunday, as there is NO petrol, not a drop. It's a desert and a disgrace for a, so called, advanced civilised nation...it's worse even than bible fearing Scotland or Wales, on a wet Sabbath....

Take care!

Back
Top Bottom