South of France Sunday 25th May

thornley

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Going down to my place to continue the work on the small house. Crossing Sunday afternoon, stay in Calais, then full hard day to the house on RN's. No motorway work I'm taking the Dominator 650 again. Anyone thinking of a trip PM me and maybe meet up. Steady riding no blasting. I speak French, know the routes and might be a good trip for first timers. No costs I enjoy the company.

House is in Buis Les Baronnies, pre Alps Provence. No obligation to stay chez Thornley.

Hi John,
a few years ago we where wondering around Buis and came upon your house which at the time I think you had just opened for Guests. We had a look around and you kindly served Coffee. We never had the chance to return and try out your full Hospitality but still hope to do so in the future in that beautiful part of Provence. However, in the meantime we would appreciate it if you could post your Route, Calais to Buis using the RN roads.
Regards, Mike Tee.

Mike seems like yesterday but its nearly 5 years now. Sorry for the delay in response. I missed the thread.
My route is Calais RN43 to Arras, RN44 St Quentin, stay on it through Reims to Vitry-le-francois. Pick up RN4 to St Dizier, then RN67 to Chaumont. N19 to Langres. N74 to Chagny. RN6 to Lyon. Lyon is fast moving take signs for centre ville then follow Marseille. Pick up RN7 at Vienne on to Montelimar. South of Montelimar take Gap route. Grignan, Valreas, Nyons, signposted D5 Buis Les Baronnies. House has had a lot done since you visited and over 25 tossers have stayed. Some repeat guests so must be doing something right!

See you next time you're down, even if it's just for a coffee.

Back
Top Bottom