TomTom Rider turns on

fishburger

Reaction score
even if I havent pressed the on button:confused:
I have a BMW F800 GS and have connected my Rider to the socket on top of the "tank" the power line supplyed by Bmw.
When I turn the ignition on it starts right up,when I turn the ignition off,it stays on,it will not switch off even if the socket is dead after 15min,seems it switch to battery backup automaticly.
Any solutions?

They all do that sir.....

But you can change this. Go into "change preferences", "battery preferences" & then set it to turn off screen when external power is lost. Not sure if this turns the whole thing off though.

I usually just use the switch on the side.

Had a look for this on my Rider unit and it doesn't seem to be an option.

What software version do you use?

Is this a problem? The switch is such a bugger anyway - iron grip needed sometimes - & it shows that the unit is charging properly- always a problem with the old cradles.
PS the latest software update is a must, records trip statistics etc. (HOW fast was I going on that overtake?)

Had a look for this on my Rider unit and it doesn't seem to be an option.

What software version do you use?

If you have a Rider 2nd edition you may have to download the latest firmware, there's a few new menu options in the latest version.:thumb2

Using the latest firmware - 5.7xx. Does add new features, but has also caused problems with connections to Autocom & phone - in process of trying to sort these out:spitfire

Back
Top Bottom