Very Happy......but

marksk

Reaction score
:bounce1.....picked up my new F650GS on Friday night at 6pm (just) from North Oxford BMW (thanks Alex....you're a star for waiting :beerjug:).

Lovely ride home and a few trips out over the weekend....bike is everyting I hoped it would be.....I couldn't be happier with it..........but

Just a small thing.......on starting up, I let it go through the checks etc. and warm up a bit. Then I climb on, side stand up, click it into 1st and it cuts out :eek: !!!!! It will then do this everytime I re-start......unless I keep the revs up when putting it into gear.

I know I can get it sorted on the first service in a few weeks......but is it something I'm doing wrong.....any ideas ????

:bounce1.....picked up my new F650GS on Friday night at 6pm (just) from North Oxford BMW (thanks Alex....you're a star for waiting :beerjug:).

Lovely ride home and a few trips out over the weekend....bike is everyting I hoped it would be.....I couldn't be happier with it..........but

Just a small thing.......on starting up, I let it go through the checks etc. and warm up a bit. Then I climb on, side stand up, click it into 1st and it cuts out :eek: !!!!! It will then do this everytime I re-start......unless I keep the revs up when putting it into gear.

I know I can get it sorted on the first service in a few weeks......but is it something I'm doing wrong.....any ideas ????

Congrats on the new bike! Hmm never happened on mine...so haven't a clue.

Not being an expert with this bike but it sounds like a side-stand safety switch problem. How frequently does it happen?

needs the lastest software put into it.

I can't beleve BMW are selling bikes that need a software update so soon after launch :augie
What's happend to R+D.... Is it being left up to the buying public to finish the job off :mcgun

Quality control and build quality thing of the past :rose

The restrictions placed on manufacturers to meet emmission controls mean that fueling is one of the issues they struggle with to get right. The R1200GS wasn't really satisfactory until 18 months after launch but by then I had developed the rather unsafe technique of pulling the clutch whenever I came to a roundabout and freewheeling round!

Whilst I don't like the situation I can at least understand the cause, so I don't have problems with bikes needing software updates, but if that is the case here it begs the question why wasn't the bike given the update before it was handed over to the customer.

Marsk: please let us know what transpires on this...

Tim

Another option is clutch adjustment. If the clutch is dragging when cold that will stop the engine. With the engine off, put it in gear, pull the clutch in and try rolling the bike along. If the clutch is dragging you'll fell a lot of resistance.

Back
Top Bottom