Kirkennes to Russia day trip?

Richyboy

Reaction score
Ayup lads

Got three weeks in Norway next month and hope to include the north cape a bit of Sweden and also Finland and was wonderin wether or not it would be possible to day trip into Russia via Kirkense without a visa.I wouldn't be taking the bike as i havent got the nessersary visa etc that i know you need for it,but heard a rumour some where that you could day trip it via coach trip from kirkenns without visa etc ?

thanks very much in advance:thumb

ps sorry about the yorkshie spelling:blast

Hi,

Me too, leaving around the 15th from The Netherlands.

I've been reading about it (incl. Lonely Planet Guides), and looks like they still haven't figured out that the cold war have ended. As far as I know you'll need a visa, and you cannot get it in Kirkenes.

-- ups --
Seams like you can actually get a visa for Russia in Kirkenese, if you're from Scandinavia... Otherwise you'll have to do it in your own country. See here (Norwegian)

/Casper

Ayup lads

Got three weeks in Norway next month and hope to include the north cape a bit of Sweden and also Finland and was wonderin wether or not it would be possible to day trip into Russia via Kirkense without a visa.I wouldn't be taking the bike as i havent got the nessersary visa etc that i know you need for it,but heard a rumour some where that you could day trip it via coach trip from kirkenns without visa etc ?

thanks very much in advance:thumb

ps sorry about the yorkshie spelling:blast

This is probably too late for you, but for the records:

Visa: Travelling to Russia requires visa for all nationalities. It is possible for Scandinavian citizens (Norway, Sweden and Denmark) along with Finnish and Islandic citizens to get a visa in Kirkenes. All other nationalities requires visa arranged for in their own country. The time needed to process the visa application influences on the price. We recommend therefore ordering your visa in advance or at least 2-3 weeks before travelling to Russia.

How to get to Russia with private car: traveling into Russia with privat car needs one special stamp in your passport and it is just the driver of the car who need this stamp in the passport. the boarder crossing is located in Storskog 15 km from Kirkenes.
Opening hours: Daily 07.00-21.00.
Storskog customs station Tel: +47 77 62 55 75

But try http://www.russianvisa.com For a fistful of € they can get you the visa in a hurry, I believe. Not sure about the bike, though.

Back
Top Bottom