Norway - late June

casperghst42

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm in the middle of deciding for the going South (France/Italy), or North (Norway/Northcape) late June (route would be Rotterdam - via Copenhagen, Stockholm, Finland, Northcape, follow the coast via RV17 to Trondheim, then via Oslo back home - or opposite depending on lots of things).

The only thing which is the issue; how will the weather be up north late June - I'm fine with rain, as long as it stays above 10c.....

Thanks.

Casper

Was there for the around the 20th last year, couldn't do one pass because of the snow and was too cold to camp, but it's a stunning country to travel through (except the pub prices), you've got heated grips it'll be great.
The first week in June 07 many of the people we meet said was a heat wave!

Hi
After going to NC the last 5 yeares in june\july I take a wild quess that you will not enconter anything below 15 c in the daytime,last year we had a heatwave 33-35 in the period you are traveling.
Bring moskito spray,they are big both in size and numbers:D
Fishburger

Know about the small flying creatures, the only place I know there are more of them than in Norway is in Finland :bounce1 (no offense to the Finnish people)

Thanks.

Casper

Weather in Norway

Lived there for 5 years and have to say that normally in the summer the weather is great, but it can vary a lot not only year to year but month to month. June/July/August are ok but further north you get it is always going to get colder. As a rule of thumb would say that right up north in middle of summer, you need to be looking at temp round same as here in late sep/oct, round by Oslo the weather in the summer is as good if not better than UK, especially if you equate with weather round northern Scotland.

Hi,

... follow the coast via RV17 to Trondheim, then via Oslo back home - or opposite depending on lots of things).

The only thing which is the issue; how will the weather be up north late June - I'm fine with rain, as long as it stays above 10c.....

Thanks.

Casper

If You decide to go to Norway, I live at Ørnes 125 km south of Bodø, 5 minutes from RV17 - could be fun to meet You when You are in the neighbourhood!

The tunnel Svartistunellen are closed at night this summer due to construction...

I think You will see temps above 10C most of the time...

Last edited:
Look like I'll be going (need to get a higher windscreen, and an airhawk).

I PM'ed you for contact details.

/Casper

If You decide to go to Norway, I live at Ørnes 125 km south of Bodø, 5 minutes from RV17 - could be fun to meet You when You are in the neighbourhood!

The tunnel Svartistunellen are closed at night this summer due to construction...

I think You will see temps above 10C most of the time...

You sure about that route? If you go direct Trondheim - Oslo, you'll miss all the best riding in Scandinavia. That's the west coast fiord and mountain area roughly between Trondheim and Bergen.

Just got back, and yes I did miss some of the best riding in Scandinavia, but that'll just give me another excuse to go back:)

I'll do a write up, and post it with some photos later... need to get into "back to the civilization mode"...

Casper

You sure about that route? If you go direct Trondheim - Oslo, you'll miss all the best riding in Scandinavia. That's the west coast fiord and mountain area roughly between Trondheim and Bergen.

Going north

Hi All
I to have just got back from Scandinavia, got off the ship straight into a heat wave :D then started heading North. weather was great till I was 200 miles north of the circle, then it dropped 20 deg:eek: Had to smile when the ppl who had to walk 150m from the nice warm coach to the Northkapp visitors center were complaining how cold it was :mad: Told then should have come on the GS then they would know what cold was! :rob
Can do a write up with pics, mainly camped and fed myself and managed to keep the costs sensible :rolleyes: BUT dont get stopped for speeding :augie Its a costly past time, AND NEVER BUY a tyre!!!!!!:eek::eek: £349 fitted in Umea Sweeden. Had no choice the string was hanging out of it....:augie and only found one place that had a tyre in the right size for the GS, or a 3 day wait, got something made by Pirelli, (Scorpion) should had bought a front one as well and called them Torville and Dean! Going back to Michelin ASAP. :thumb2
Apart from that, the ppl were great :thumb2 and had a great time :roll
Will def be going back.

Scuba Sparky

Back
Top Bottom