Winter wonderland

Gecko

Reaction score
Every first weekend of the New Year some of the local bikers get together over here and have a ride out and BBQ. The event is beginning to get better known and this year there were bikes from Germany, Holland and even the UK...and of course the locals like me. We wnet on a 60km rideout and most of the roads were OK but the smaller back roads tested our nerves a bit with sheet ice in abundance. Only one Harley went down....ahhh !!! The GS's survived very nicely . Metzeler Tourance on snow are the Biz !!

Attachments

• img_0046.jpg
    img_0046.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 230
There were a few wierd and wonderful GS versions around.

Attachments

• img_0055.jpg
    img_0055.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 228
How about this for a GS :eek:

Attachments

• img_0048.jpg
    img_0048.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 226
From the other side

Attachments

• img_0053.jpg
    img_0053.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 224
The foolhardy went camping. At 9am this morning it was -9 degrees - it warmed up to - 6 degrees later in the day :sunshine

Attachments

• img_0049.jpg
    img_0049.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 211
There were a few British bikes there - not least a couple of Rotax Armstrongs , one from Plymouth and the other from Shropshire . Brave lads these fellas - they have come a long way to get pissed and frozen :beer:

Attachments

• img_0047.jpg
    img_0047.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 209
On the way home I stopped off for the obligatory landscape GS pic :D

Attachments

• img_0059.jpg
    img_0059.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 194
There is something magical about a winter sunset. Crunchy snow and a watery winter sun setting behind the frozen trees.....kind of makes getting frozen to the bone all worth while. :thumb:
Happy New Year ;)

Attachments

• img_0058.jpg
    img_0058.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 193
Geks, yer getting all romantic , words like magical.. and watery winter sun........... Im beginning to think that you DO give a shit

Happy new year from the hamme Patio Man

Gecko said:
How about this for a GS :eek:

Lol....looks like an AA combo gone wrong...and lok at the size of that front tyre!!!

Nice one Gecko you softy :D

In my defence I would like to point out that my brain was frozen ! ...as were my hands , feet , arms, legs , torso, nose , ears and teeth.....thank God my most important body part is still working and hasn't dropped off :yikes
I've been up inside the Artic circle in northern Sweden and it didn't feel as cold as it was today in Belgium .....it's a damp kind of cold which really get's into your bones. Only when you back end starts to slip out on the ice patches and my heart rate leapt up by about 600% was I able to stop myslef freezing to my bike :D

Gecko,

16-18 jan there's a small winterrally near Varseveld in the Netherlands, also camping only... We're going with a small group,
interested?

Here the snow started on jan 1st, and on jan 2 and 3 I went out to do some "white Laning" on the Dominator; the main roads were mostly snowfree and salted, so I went for some green lanes, now white.. Nice to ride the fresh snow and make the first tracks! Temp was -2 to -6, so after a 80 to 100 km I went home again to warm up a bit, no heated grips or big screen on the NX ... Hope the pics willbe ready next week...

Gecko said:
The foolhardy went camping. At 9am this morning it was -9 degrees - it warmed up to - 6 degrees later in the day :sunshine

Great pics, Gecko!
It looks like my neighbourhood. Exept for the bikes...

At the first of January each year a club called ''Helårsklubben'' are going from Karl Johan in Oslo and up to a cafè, Frognerseteren, and eat ice cream outside. It's for all vehicles without a roof, old and new.

I think I have the adress somewhere...

:) Liv.

Gecko,
Nice pic's mate, if I'd been able to ride my bike I would have joined you and even camped out there:rolleyes: well maybe:D !
Pity my shoulder was knackered:confused: , still, you never know I might well join you next year :beer: .
It says it's 23degs C in here :D by the way! BRRUGGHHH:D
John

Cool weekend :D

How's the beaky project going? You're not gonna keep riding beakless are you?

Belgian John said:
... I would have joined you and even camped out there:rolleyes: well maybe:D !
A little voice tells me he didn't camp out there himself... don't see any pics of his tent :D

Liv said:
Great pics, Gecko!
It looks like my neighbourhood. Exept for the bikes...

At the first of January each year a club called ''Helårsklubben'' are going from Karl Johan in Oslo and up to a cafè, Frognerseteren, and eat ice cream outside. It's for all vehicles without a roof, old and new.

I think I have the adress somewhere...

Here's Helårsklubben:
http://www.otc-mc.org/~197/010103/
http://www.otc-mc.org/~197/010104/

It was -8C this year; not so many bikes. But cars, cabriolets.

MiGSel said:
Cool weekend :D

How's the beaky project going? You're not gonna keep riding beakless are you?

A little voice tells me he didn't camp out there himself... don't see any pics of his tent :D

Beak project is going very slowly - I have no heating in my workshop and it's too f**king cold out there but I haven't forgotten it. Riding without the beak I feel naked :D

As for camping out - no thanks - I'm quite mad but not insane :p

Back
Top Bottom