Parking advice

orange

Reaction score
Hello Tossers from near that London. I will be coming into London by car :eek: on Sunday 15th June to do the London to Brighton bike ride for the British Heart Foundation.:clap . Do you know of a good place to park that is not too far from Clapham Common? Thanks, Orange:thumb

DONT, much better to park at the end of the nearest tube/rail station and go in by public transport.

Can i take my push bike on the tube?:nenau

Good question, not sure is the anwser.
For trains yes you can, for underground not sure I think so but not during rush hours weekdays but I think you can at the weekends. TFL website might say.

Have you got this sorted? I can sort you out with a residents visitor pass for Wandsworth zone c2 (two minutes form the common) if you need.

Cheers,
Jon

Jon, that sounds absolutely fabulous. May i take you up on that offer please?

Cheers
Neil

If you want it PM your address and I'll post it. Note that if you are only there on Sunday it won't do you any good however as all of the bays are uncontrolled on Sunday (from 18.30 on Saturday night until 08.30 Monday). If you want to leave the car there on Saturday or Monday then it will help.

You can see the Wandsworth maps here. Note that the East (Clapham Common tube station) end of the common is in Lambeth and the parking is generally more reastricted there.

I would reccomend trying to park on any of the side roads off of Leathwaite Road as there is usually some space in these. The ones close to Northcote road are generally full though from people visiting the bars and market. I think you will be fine.

Thanks jon. It is only the Sunday that i need, so i'll try the streets that you recommend.

Cheers
Neil:thumb2

Back
Top Bottom