Arai Tour X Fitting ??????????

rusty

is it me or are Arai a tight fit ? just bought a Tour X in large 59/60
i measured my head in the usual way............got to 60cm, tried helmet on,and its soooo tight it is giving me a head ache,:spitfire

any body else had a similer experience ?:confused:

The 2 that I've owned (Quantum F & RX7RR) seemed a bit snug for the first few times & then seemed to wear in & were really comfortable from then on.

Charles

Can't say I have had a problem on my 4th Arai and medium fits like a glove every time inc Tour X

Teejay

Have had a few Arai helmets and find them quite tight to start with but within a week they mould themself perfectly. However, I am a large helmet in size in HJC and a medium in Arai so i normally try them on to get roughly the right size rather than looking directly at the measurements.

Mike

Check its not a Japanese import, Arai use different shell shape moulds from the shape moulds they use on their helmets for the European market. i think the USA ones differ a little too, ( presumably to allow for reduced brain size)

Mine was very tight when i first got it but 6 months on its perfect

From conversations with other TX owners, I was under the impression that they were actually a bit generous on the sizings.

My Arai Viper is XXL, but my TourX is an XL and fits just as nicely :confused:

just sold my tour x, bloody awful thing! hurt my left ear something shocking.
Worn arais for years and never a problem. newer ones not as well made as the older ones.
Went and tried a few at the weekend and camre to the conclusion the shoei multitec is the best finished lid thi side of £300. Lovely thing to wear (in the shop anyway) Got refitted with smaller cheek pads and fitted like a glove. very plush inside as well.
thought i liked the tour x, but fell out with it after a few months and a few longish runs.
Sold it on and while waiting for the new multitec to arrive (bought online) i am using my old rx7 xx as i wait and i was supprised to see how much more comfortable that the tour x this is. and quiter.

Have had 3 Tour cross and a quantum and 2 CRV3's all XL ,all great from the get go and 3 bought mail order from tokyo so XL=XL here and there as far as I know. It seems certain heads are Arai shaped others more Shoie shaped (try that after a few beers!!) I think if it feels tight its the wrong size ,it doesnt tend to get better so sell it and get another:thumb

I also found the Tour X uncomfortably tight despite being properly measured for the correct size. It did loosen up a bit but I still found the rear skirt pressed on my neck. It's also bloody noisy, even with ear plugs. Looks the dogs though!

Anyone want an almost new metallic grey, large tour x pm me, maybe we can do a deal?

Steve

3 bought mail order from tokyo so XL=XL here and there as far as I know.

Yes and no. The shells are roughly the same size, but there are detail differences in fit between US, European and Asian market shells on most models. Either way they're obviously fitting you ok, which is the important thing.

Back
Top Bottom