G650 Xchallenge Official BMW Accessory List?

Bora20

I have seen the official listing on here for the new F800, but does anyone have the list for the G650 Xchallenge?

I am about to sign on the dotted line, but want to import the accessories from the US as the price will probably be about half the price.

Does anyone have it?

Just ressurecting this - does anyone have the UK price list for the XChallange accesories to hand?

Cheers

David

Not exact, but

Headlight guard - about £44 (good)
Frameguard - about £38-40 (good)
Handguards and Spoilers - about £85 (Crap)
Rear Master Cylinder guard - about £28 (good)

Rear Rack - over £100 and Bag about £50

All the bits are made by our friends:augie @ Touratech anyway

Not exact, but

Headlight guard - about £44 (good)
Frameguard - about £38-40 (good)
Handguards and Spoilers - about £85 (Crap)
Rear Master Cylinder guard - about £28 (good)

Rear Rack - over £100 and Bag about £50

All the bits are made by our friends:augie @ Touratech anyway

Thanks JB.

The TT handguards are around £80 - are they any good? I have also seen Acerbis ones fitted but cannot see anything specific to the XC in the catalogue, are they just generic hand guards?

On ebay.de there are some SW Motech rear racks which look good but not that much cheaper than BMW once they are posted - the small TT rack looks good value :eek: (TT good value???? I must be drinking!!!)

Not sure if I need the handguards yet - any idea of the XC's used at the bMW off-road school had them fitted?

Not sure if I need the handguards yet QUOTE]

Depends how you ride...

Green laneing can involve brushing though the undergrowth

When i layed my XC down on the Cambrian the only marks where a bent rear brake lever and a scuffed hand guard.

As I'd gone down sliding on quite large shale without them I'd have lost a lever and maybe hurt my hand as I stayed holding on.

Not sure if I need the handguards yet QUOTE]

Depends how you ride...

Green laneing can involve brushing though the undergrowth

When i layed my XC down on the Cambrian the only marks where a bent rear brake lever and a scuffed hand guard.

As I'd gone down sliding on quite large shale without them I'd have lost a lever and maybe hurt my hand as I stayed holding on.

My question was not very clear - I was asking if the off-road school bikes have handguards becuase I plan on getting one of them later this year and wanted to know if I needed to buy some or not - there was no question if they were needed for off road or not - thanks for your reply though :thumb

Hand gaurds...

I've fitted the acerbis guards to my bike, but you will find that you have to shorten the brake and clutch levers to allow them to fit inside the guard and work properly.

I've seen cyris? gaurds (can't quite remember the exact name-just got back from the pub), and these seem to be adaptable to the existing levers without much inbuggerance. (by this i mean you can bend them to fit).

They are definitely worth fitting is the bike doesn't have them already. Purely for the hassle they save, and not having to worry about refitting levers out on the trail. Also worth thinking about is the TT chain guide, and either the TT gear lever or the gear lever from a F650 GS if you don;t want to snap off the end of the selector shaft in a fall or a deep rut.

If your buying, bear in mind that a new XChallenge has a book price of 4200. IIRC the ex-school bikes will be beaten to feck, and last years went for around 2750. they will certainly have had their 12 months use out of them.

The other option is an ex bmw staff bike. they will typically have been "used" for between 6 and 12 months depending on contract, and usually turn up in very good condition with sod all miles on (mine was bought with 44 on the clock). The price of these usually sits between the other options previously mentioned above. IMHO the represent the best buys (unless you find a cracker for sale privately like wrefords)- which is why i bought one.

Vines in guildford seem to get a lot of these- IIRC speak to Alex wray. He should be able to sort you out.

I think these are cracking bikes (3 of these finished in the top 10 at this years cambrian-more than any other bike). And if your going to have one, you'd be doing yourself a great injustice buying a wreck...... :aidan

HTH

nathan

Great bikes

Mine was an ex BMW staff bike and was like new

Now it has some character:blast

Mods I've done are
TT Sumpguard
TT Rear Disc Protector
TT Chain Proterctor
TT Small Rack

All the BMW Parts

13t front sprocket

XChallenge-Right.jpg

XCLeft2.jpg

If your buying, bear in mind that a new XChallenge has a book price of 4200. IIRC the ex-school bikes will be beaten to feck, and last years went for around 2750. they will certainly have had their 12 months use out of them.

The other option is an ex bmw staff bike. they will typically have been "used" for between 6 and 12 months depending on contract, and usually turn up in very good condition with sod all miles on (mine was bought with 44 on the clock). The price of these usually sits between the other options previously mentioned above. IMHO the represent the best buys (unless you find a cracker for sale privately like wrefords)- which is why i bought one.

HTH

nathan
Cheers for the info!!
Where did you get the 4200 from? is the price changing, because I see them listed as 5995 without ABS?? I think this years ex-off road shcool bikes will be 2650 which is less than 1/2 price - as long as all the panels are present and the bike is straight it seems good value to me. The bike is going to be used for a short commute to work and getting dirty at the weekend.

Great bikes

Mine was an ex BMW staff bike and was like new

Now it has some character:blast

Mods I've done are
TT Sumpguard
TT Rear Disc Protector
TT Chain Proterctor
TT Small Rack

All the BMW Parts

13t front sprocket

XChallenge-Right.jpg

XCLeft2.jpg

How much did you guys pay for the Ex-staff bikes? and how did you get to hear about them?

I love getting new bikes!!!!! It's so exciting:bounce1

Cheers for the info!!
Where did you get the 4200 from? is the price changing, because I see them listed as 5995 without ABS?? I think this years ex-off road shcool bikes will be 2650 which is less than 1/2 price - as long as all the panels are present and the bike is straight it seems good value to me. The bike is going to be used for a short commute to work and getting dirty at the weekend.

How much did you guys pay for the Ex-staff bikes? and how did you get to hear about them?

I love getting new bikes!!!!! It's so exciting:bounce1

I saw a KTM super enduro in a dealers the other day, and enquired about trade-in for my XChallenge.

They seemed to think new price was £4200 (which i think is what BMW should have been marketed as first time around)- these figures came from their used bike guide- glasses guide maybe?

At £6k it's competing against the KTM 690, which on paper in standard trim is a better bike, more power, better suspension. So theres no contest. The KTM is also around 15 kg's lighter (so some 10% difference in weight)

I got mine for £4400 with 40 miles on it at 6 months old, and that was 10 months ago now.

I've since seen guys with better deals had off this forum (i probably could have gotten better if i hadn't come over all starry eyed at the prospect of a new bike).

The very slightly used bikes seem to have a bigger margin for discount than new.

I don't think the ABS is worth having. If your running knoblies on wet tarmac the ability to lock the wheels is huge, and i figure your better off keeping it simple and learning how to feel the brakes rather than rely on fancy high tech stuff to keep you out of trouble. You won't want the AbS on the dirt anyway....

I don't think the ABS is worth having. If your running knoblies on wet tarmac the ability to lock the wheels is huge, and i figure your better off keeping it simple and learning how to feel the brakes rather than rely on fancy high tech stuff to keep you out of trouble. You won't want the AbS on the dirt anyway....

Bug runs a XC with ABS but has set it for the front wheel only so he can lock te back... he's no slow coach off road

At £6k it's competing against the KTM 690, which on paper in standard trim is a better bike, more power, better suspension. So theres no contest. The KTM is also around 15 kg's lighter (so some 10% difference in weight)

List price is about £6k for the XC, but it's not that much different to the 690KTM

Dry weight difference is only about 4-5kg's and the XC motor is far better and I agree the KTM suspension is better...............but overall the bikes are very similar. THe XC is so good that's why KTM copied so much in their 690 that was released a year later

However the BMW XC is way cheaper than a 690 in real terms - so overall the better value for money purchase and will probably be a better bike to own (warranty/dealers/reliability etc)

I paid £3995 for mine which was 3 months old and had 500 miles on it, with the pdi and 1st service already done
Condition wise it was as new and had only done summer miles on tarmac

The XC is a better purchase than a 690

Back
Top Bottom