New Harley

Stumpy

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Now I know there are a few Harley fans on UKGSer:ymca

I've had my current Dyna Glide Sport for a wee while now and it was time for a change and something completly different.

In approx two weeks I collect my Street Glide

305959183_U5KHa-L.jpg

Nice:thumb2 Mate of mine has just bought an Ultra Glide, 'bout 6 months old with 600 miles on the clock:eek: It's in the 105th anniversary two-tone colours.

That looks great Stumpy. One of my favourite bikes :thumb2

I looked at a couple of 1200R Sportsters yesterday. theres some good deals out there at the minute.

HD

Looks lovely. Hope you enjoy.

I bought a 2005 Electraglide Ultra Classic (FLHTCUI) a few months ago...takes a bit of getting used to, I have to say!

Simno

I just don't get it:nenau

But then again, I think my 1150GSA (and GS' in general) is (/are) beautiful.

Each to our own I guess. Whatever floats your boat, enjoy:thumb

Great looking bike :cool: It's surprising how quickly they can be pushed through corners once you have the hang of 'em.

Now I know there are a few Harley fans on UKGSer:ymca

I've had my current Dyna Glide Sport for a wee while now and it was time for a change and something completly different.

In approx two weeks I collect my Street Glide

305959183_U5KHa-L.jpg

What aboot picking up that DR you bought from me in January it's still in storage :augie :D

After some sole searching, I just got this Road king classic to take the missis about in style.
I have just got back from the TT on it.. Different!!.

Attachments

• 751c_3.jpg
    751c_3.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 730
I just don't get it:nenau

But then again, I think my 1150GSA (and GS' in general) is (/are) beautiful.

Each to our own I guess. Whatever floats your boat, enjoy:thumb

I didn't get it either. But I am currently in the middle of a tour in the US of A, about 120 miles from the Grand Canyon tonight, just down the road from Monument Valley. After 1000 miles in the saddle of a Road Glide I totally "get it" now.

(Road Glide is like the Street Glide above, but bigger fairing. Same engine etc.)

It's like sitting in an armchair and watching the world go by. A totally different ride than the GS - but equally valid :D

The Road Kings etc. here seem quite ok once they fit the bigger barrels and chips and such. Ideal place for them, dry, so less polishing.....
The Hog club is pretty active, trips to Jordan, Muscat etc. all the time.
Fair play to them!

Nice bike you have there.

I've often wondered just what the Road King/Glides are like to ride. I've thought about hiring one for a day or two just to see for myself.

When my wife bought her Sportster I was treated to the whole Harley Dealership experience. They certainly have a good thing going there and I can kind of see the appeal, particularly the whole HOG chapter set-up.

However I just can't quite bring myself to swap the touring bike (1200 RT) for one just yet :D

Each to their own though and I do like the look of yours.

the HD thing

I'm relatively new to bikes and in fact my 800GS is my first bike. Being so stoked with it and its versatility and sheer fun factor through the bends and twists of northern ireland's north coast, I suspected an HD would be the last thing I'd want. But last week I took my dad's brand new (7 miles on the clock) 105th anniversary 1200 sportster for a quick spin, and it was great. I realised that you have to just recalibrate your mind when you move from one to another. Obviously if you're totally closed down to new possibilities and are so tunneled vision that 'GS' is a must have suffix to anything you sling a leg over, then you'll never give yourself the opportunity to enjoy it, but with a bit of an open mind, you might find that there is very much something to 'get'! I am glad that it's me and the BM heading to Italy in a few weeks though - because, and I say this completely objectively - a nicer bike there is not...anywhere!!! :aidan

Back
Top Bottom