G.P.S. R1150gs

mwalsh

Hello one and all.
I am off on my hols:beer: in september and dont want to get myself lost. So I would like to get myself a G.P.S.
I have been told one thing and another about Garmin and tom tom, and then there is the BMW one all very nice but, nothing that makes me want to rush out and buy one.
I would like to be able to use it in my car so I guess the BMW one is out.
So who has one? what you got? what problems have you had?
Hope you can help!! your Murt Walsh Essex..........:aidan

do a search on here mate , loadsa stuff, i have both, each have their little probs but both perfectly usable:thumb2

My 2p worth...

Hiya,

I use a Tom Tom Rider Version 1 – it’s been on the bike for 2 years and costs £299 and has never let me down. I upgraded the maps this year and had to buy a new SD card as the old one was not big enough and I got a free year of traffic camera updates. I don’t use the voice function often but the earpiece fits snugly in my Arai, the volume on the first version was no good at speed but the screen is clear and bright enough for most days. One downside was the old style mounting brackets – they were very poor but I use a Touratech mount (lockable) which gives a bit extra support on the bouncy bits.

Yep, Zumo without a doubt, get the Zumo 550 kit and it come with a car mount too. but do use it for a few trips before the big one or you might just struggle

Thank you one and all

I got the Garmin zumo 550, all seams to be going well so far, clear display, and very easy to use. I have looked at the hand book but have been able to work most things out without it.
The mount that came with the Garmin unit is much better than I thaught it would be and fits fine. Sun lite on the screen is a little bit of a problem at first but have tilted the screen and that has got rid of most of that.
:thumb :beerjug: To one and all for the advise. Murt Walsh Essex:aidan

Back
Top Bottom