Halvarssons KORAX/COBRA

Deleted account 231205001

Reaction score
I've just bought this combo to replace my old Rukka stuff. I've not worn it on the bike yet, but so far I'm stunned at the quality and attention to detail, especially given that this combo was well under £400 (ie the price of a cheap Rukka JACKET!!). I'll post a verdict after a few weeks, but based on prancing about in front of the living room mirror, so far so good. And a nice thumbs up to 'Hideout' as well. Nice staff, good service and price. They even let my puppy terrorise the resident Tibetan terrier whilst I tried the gear on. :thumb2

+1 for Halvarssons ...

... I've just bought the Cobra strides to go with my (now discontinued :nenau) Amazon jacket. Top kit at very reasonable prices :thumb

I'll agree with that. Vents that work, waterproof bits that are waterproof and no marks despite falling off on more than one occasion. And well priced.

Also sold at Woodford Motorcycles in East London/Essex.

I've got a Korax and been through some wet weather, the forearms appeared to be damp for a while afterwards and I'm not sure why, anyone else experienced this? Apart from that it is a quality jacket, and fits nicely.

Halvarssons Trousers

Trousers- I know but worth the mention - I use these - lightweight and the legs zip off too.
Good venting and loads of useful pockets too :thumb2

Halvarssons safety jacket

Anyone used one of these through a wet, cold winter? what are they like. Good concept with interchangeable outer layers but are they warm? thanks

Looked at their range a couple of years ago at the NEC. They had a great stand but but the importers ( Jafamo ??) had yet to announce any confirmed retailers . Very nice stuff, good quality, potential Rukka rival, loved some of their retro/vintage leather jacket too.

Never seen anywhere locally retailing it though:nenau

Halvarssons Safety Jacket

Willsuds-

I bought one of the safety jackets earlier in the year from a local dealer in Sussex. I bought the lighter of the two safety jackets and also a back protector, together with three outer jackets. The fully waterproof one obviously, but I also got the Breeze Jacket which is ideal for UK sunny days. As I was then preparing for a 2,500 blast around Europe I also treated myself to the Full Mesh Jacket, and back in June when we went the weather was cracking with Highs of 38 recorded on the on board temp gauge. I found that the mesh was perfect allowing enough cool air through, in fact I think I was the coomfiest of our bunch of 13 riders.

The jacket has sort of 'moulded' to me now and offers a very an excellent level of protection and is comfy and smart. Good quality and attention to detail also I have nothing but praise for it and have now sold off some of my other jackets (a couple more to go) as this fulfils all my needs. I won't be using a leather jacket again with this level of protection.

The downsides are that it is about the same weight as a quality leather jacket, and that I still took the waterproof cover with me to Europe in case we suffered bad weather, so this took up some luggage space. For me it was OK and worked out well. Not cheap but good quality stuff is rarely so. Hope this helps.

JH:thumb2

cheers

Thanks JH,
also looking to shed a couple of Jackets for a versatile, all rounder. Did you have any real cold weather to contend with? I ask as I am on an unfaired (small fairing) HP2 and get soaked most days. I have the Rallye pro suit but dont rate it much in the cold.

I have been looking for an alternative to it -- HG master V or Dainese, but came across the halvarssons. I wonder how they compare "heat wise" to a HG master V or street guard?

I really like the ability to change the outer layer depending on the conditions.

Thanks
:aidan

Just thought its worth pointing out that you can actually try all their stock on in the warehouse that they trade from if you're luck enough to live near Guildford - just got some Cobras from them;-)

Willsuds-

I bought one of the safety jackets earlier in the year from a local dealer in Sussex. I bought the lighter of the two safety jackets and also a back protector, together with three outer jackets. The fully waterproof one obviously, but I also got the Breeze Jacket which is ideal for UK sunny days. As I was then preparing for a 2,500 blast around Europe I also treated myself to the Full Mesh Jacket, and back in June when we went the weather was cracking with Highs of 38 recorded on the on board temp gauge. I found that the mesh was perfect allowing enough cool air through, in fact I think I was the coomfiest of our bunch of 13 riders.

The jacket has sort of 'moulded' to me now and offers a very an excellent level of protection and is comfy and smart. Good quality and attention to detail also I have nothing but praise for it and have now sold off some of my other jackets (a couple more to go) as this fulfils all my needs. I won't be using a leather jacket again with this level of protection.

The downsides are that it is about the same weight as a quality leather jacket, and that I still took the waterproof cover with me to Europe in case we suffered bad weather, so this took up some luggage space. For me it was OK and worked out well. Not cheap but good quality stuff is rarely so. Hope this helps.

JH:thumb2

Just bought the level one safety jacket with the waterproof outer. I ordered it in early June and picked it up last Saturday. Halvarssons have been unable to meet demand by all accounts, and the 'breeze' outer that I also ordered will not be available until next year. Rather annoying to say the least.
However I was kept informed by the supplier and he managed to swing a free 'full mesh' outer due to the inconvenience, so a big:thumb2 to Graham at GLF, Flitwick, Beds. He is a top bloke and would recommend him to fellow GS'ers.
Next problem, tried to fit the full mesh outer only to find the lining in the arms had been fitted incorrectly. Lining is sewn in at the shoulder end and rotated 180 degrees before being stitched at the cuff, both sleeves. Can't get yer arms in.
I hope the jacket performs after all this buggering around.

good piece of kit

Been researching alternative kit but reckon the Halvarssons is the way to go. Only problem is sizing and ordering off the net. And cold weather performance. Probably miles better than the Twat suit anyway :augie

where is the warehouse as I will be in the UK over the next few weeks?
cheers

You really need ...

Only problem is sizing and ordering off the net. And cold weather performance.

... to try this stuff on as the sizing is a little on the 'tight' side. My dealer wouldn't order me one to try on, I had to pay for it first :spitfire.
I got a '58' which is a reasonable fit for a 48" chest, but you can't get much on underneath. Having said that, the 'outlast' liners seem to do a good job in really cold weather and all i've needed is a thin fleece top.

All in all, good kit for a fraction of the cost of a twat suit :clap

Been researching alternative kit but reckon the Halvarssons is the way to go. Only problem is sizing and ordering off the net. And cold weather performance. Probably miles better than the Twat suit anyway :augie

where is the warehouse as I will be in the UK over the next few weeks?
cheers

Willsuds
Is it the safety jacket are you wanting? I have a size 60 safety jacket and this fits me well. I am 44''-45'' chest, 6' tall.
But I would recommend that you speak with a dealer and my experience with GLF Accessories is a positive one. Phone Graham Falcke on 01525 717009. He is a top bloke and willing to help in any way.
I have no connection with GLF.

I pursued Halvarssons products due to Oblertones endorsement and he's right, they are a top product for sensible money.

Grand Prix Legends

Thanks but I really only buy kit/clothing from a retailer so I can check it out for size/fit/quality/comfort and looks etc:thumb2

:thumb2
After speaking with their Customer Service Dept (quiet, friendly & efficient - no sales pressure) - I bought a Medusa Jacket & Cobra trousers from Grand Prix Legend - they provided a good & efficient service. They kept me informed by email at each stage. The trousers I ordered didn't fit well (wrong size) sent them back at no charge & ask for replacement with smaller size - again no charge for another delivery. After receiving the complete order (seperate delivery for each item - but charged for only one) received a feedback email asking if their service was OK & if there was any problems.

I also received a discount code for 15% off any further items bought from them within 14 days - used it on the back protector.

So all in all I received good service & wouldn't have any problems using them again.

I haven't got any copnnections with them

I went the same way bought a Medusa jacket and cobra pants after trying on the master v for size.

Very impressed with the quality/workmanship and design and at the price £380 a steal imho.:)

Back
Top Bottom