newbie - did I need ABS on it????

jailon

Reaction score
evening all, finally bit the bullet and upgraded the xv750 virago (no laughin !!!) to an 06 1200 GS.
Main reason for upgrading, as me and the missus are going round scotland :eek:onyack (our first proper ride). didn't think the old xv would be too comfortable (or reliable) enough for a long ride.....
Managed to get one with 6k on clock with all the gizmo's, except ABS...... do you think I need it??? what do others think of ABS? :nenau
Nearly bought one with ABS but it was a 54 plate with 21k on clock and looked like it hadn't been looked after (corrosion starting on most of engine casing bolts), anyway another £600 got me this one which had 15k less on clock and same spec (only no ABS ???).
What do you think about ABS??????

Cheers for any replies.... :thumb2

p.s pick it up on thursday..... CAN'T WAIT, WANT IT NOW, WAA WAA :thedummy

Hi Jailon and welcome to the site.... hours of fun on here.

For me you don't need ABS but there's lotsa folk on here will tell you that you do :eek:

Do a search on ABS and you'll have hours of reading :eek: but at the end of the day it's down to personal preference.

Enjoy your 'bike and the trip round Scotland :thumb

:beerjug:

www.adventure.gs

cheers, never had a bike with abs before so nothing to compare it against ?????

I've had a few bikes with ABS - I found that if you ride safe you don't need to engage it - less complication the better - Watch out if you go off-road on an ABS bike the brakes, well they just don't work anymore!
Welcome aboard

Hi and welcome.

Here's the simple answer

No but yeah but no but yeah :D:D:D

You'll never need it it until you fall off because you didn't have it.

Even if you never use it, you can bet the next buyer off your bike will want it just in case :thumb

ABS is ok, saved me once.....:eek: .....anybody worth his salt should be able to ride a non ABS bike.....it's all in the planning.....;)

happy biking, remember to come back and share some photos of your trips......:thumb

Back
Top Bottom