Remusor scorpion??

jonnywave

Reaction score
considering a new exhaust, dont know what to go for Remus or Scorpion i dont particulaly want a load bike but would like a litlle improvment on performance. help i seek knowledge!!!!!!

On a F650 unless you're going to throw money at it, the only 2 reasons I can see for going for an aftermarket one is:

The BM end can is trashed, and you don't want to pay their prices for a new one.

The OEM can isn't loud enough.

Just fitted a Scorpion at the weekend, was quite easy and the most difficult part was encouraging some rusty bolts to move. It's a lot louder than the stock setup, and is a single pipe as opposed to the twin-can Remus system. It doesn't have a catalytic converter, so you need to keep the original for MOT time.

The 2003 bikes have a different diameter pipe to the 2004 on ones, so make sure you buy the correct pipe.

I think it makes more at the bottom end, and I rarely rev it out so I can't comment what it does up top.

Just fitted a Scorpion at the weekend, was quite easy and the most difficult part was encouraging some rusty bolts to move. It's a lot louder than the stock setup, and is a single pipe as opposed to the twin-can Remus system. It doesn't have a catalytic converter, so you need to keep the original for MOT time.

The 2003 bikes have a different diameter pipe to the 2004 on ones, so make sure you buy the correct pipe.

I think it makes more at the bottom end, and I rarely rev it out so I can't comment what it does up top.

so it wouldnt pass an MOT without a CAT?

Last edited:
so it wouldnt pass an MOT without a CAT?

It should do, I'm sure there is no emission test for the bike MOT 'I've not seen one done'.

However if your after market exhaust isn't strictly road legal :augie then you'll probably need to refit the OE one for the test.
It's all to do with the markings on the end can.

BTW Does any one know if it's possible to remove the cat from the OE exhaust?

Val.

Mine passed with a scoprion can fitted, no problems... Personally i found the scorpion too loud, so i removed it and put the original back on... and you know what... it bloody feels quicker....

It's technically not legal to remove a catalytic converter from a vehicle and replace it with a non-cat exhaust. MOT testers only give a toss about noise - most of them don't know this law and they're not going to pull your can apart.

I've just fitted a Scorpion. I love the noise. Not as good as when I started it without any silencing whatsoever though...I think it makes more power at the bottom end - certainly performance up to 5,000rpm seems stronger. It's possibly a bit weaker at the very top but as I so rarely go there I don't care.

Back
Top Bottom