Normandy beaches and battlefields. Recommended guided tour.

Peter Imperfect

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Last week I visited this area for the first time, together with four friends (one a fellow GSer).

My friend came across an ExPat ex serviceman, via the internet, who does battlefields guided tours for bikers.

He usually only caters for small groups of a couple but made an exception in our case.

We met at Pegasus Bridge at 10am where, after the obligatory coffee, he explained the events of the first assault on 5th/6th June.

From there we went to various locations, some to give an overview of the geography andmilitary objectives, others the more obvious such as the D Day beaches and milatary cemetarys.

He will adapt the itinerary to individual areas of interest.

I highly recommend this guy as he has a wealth of knowledge, nothing was too much trouble, and was prepared to continue as long as there was enough daylight to make it viable.

I am reticent to quote how much he charges as every tour is different but will say that our tour was fantastic value.

Contact details.

Jack Hawkins

Email. jak216para@yahoo.co.uk
Web. www.freewebs.com/jixajak
Tel. +33233510253
Mob. +33642225035

Please note that I have no connection with Jack, apart from being a satisfied customer and wishing to make other visitors trips as enjoyable and informative as ours.

Triumphant Tours

I've just got back from a D Day tour led by Jack Hawkins. I can't recommend this historian highly enough, very knowledgeable and nothing too much trouble. Interesting insight into the events from an ex military perspective.

Jacks contact details are now:

www.triumphanttours.co.uk
07748 476851
Jak216para@yahoo.co.UK

NB I have no connections with Jack

Back
Top Bottom