tube and tyre advice

JemandSi

Reaction score
Guys,

now is nearing the time where I will need to change the front and rear tyres on me F650GS,

now I understand the rim sizes are 100/90/19" front 130/80/17" for the rear.

now I fancy giving Metzler tourances a go (bout £117 a pair from tyresite.com) but I have no idea about tubes :confused: what spec etc should I go for? I dont do off road with the bike, instead I use the bike for commuting.

also anyone know of a good tyre fitter to use in or around bridgwater in somerset?

anyone got any suggestions?

si

Guys,

now is nearing the time where I will need to change the front and rear tyres on me F650GS,

now I understand the rim sizes are 100/90/19" front 130/80/17" for the rear.

now I fancy giving Metzler tourances a go (bout £117 a pair from tyresite.com) but I have no idea about tubes :confused: what spec etc should I go for? I dont do off road with the bike, instead I use the bike for commuting.

also anyone know of a good tyre fitter to use in or around bridgwater in somerset?

anyone got any suggestions?

si

You do not need to change the tubes every time you change the tyres ( unless you are cr*p at tyre changing ;) ).

I'd think about changing them every other tyre change if you're doing a lot of miles on the bike. And for piece of mind I'd change them if you haven't got a clue on how old they are, btw don't forget the thingy that stops the spokes from rubbing on the tube.

How much is a pair of tubes going to cost? Not much, how much time would you waste if one leaked due to old age? Time v money

Thanks for the info so far, due to doing about 480 miles a week I was going to change the tubes anyway. So the question is what spec of tube? And where to get it from?

Back
Top Bottom