How Low will it go

Flipfly

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi peeps, thought I'd let you into a bit of info I found out by near accident :blast

A 650 Dakar with fully extended Vario panniers and the suspension on fully hard will lean a long way. Then this happens and a brown trouser moment :D:D:D

Even my Touratech pegs didn't touch down as a warning first, kinda touched at the same time :eek:

Attachments

• Pannier.jpg
    Pannier.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 212
As Blackadder would say "clucking bells" :eek:

Bet there's a lack of chicken strips on the tyre as well :bow

The side stand extension used to lift the back wheel of my old CB750...very similar...Don't wory Flip...ya get used to it!:aidan

How was the trip? Expecting a full report...Are there any lanes in the Alps I should know about :confused:

Doing Stelvio Pass a week on Wed :p All being well!

Glad your cap in one peice..minus a bit of ally :thumb

:bow

that is a long way over to do that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i'm a relative newbie to Dakar+tourances (although i like it lots) so i still have some work to do in the leaning department, judging by that!

(chicken strips are currently about 10mm-ish :eek: )

Hey Phil,

Who have you been lending your bike to ? :aidan

Got you back :dabone

Could it be his nutter of a brother? :eek:

You should try it on a Z750GT with full fairing and Krauser panniers. When you get them down it's only a little further and the frame touches :D:D;)

I have to say I was supprised just how well the Dak does on TKC's.

Val.

Conti escapes rock :thumb

No chicken strips, but the little pips on the very edge of the tyre are absolutely indestructable :nenau

Attachments

• Tyre.jpg
    Tyre.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 166
If you are at the Stelvio, follow the Umbrial Pass and turn left at the end towards the Schweizerischer national park (the uften or often pass I think it's called). A far more rideable road. Embarrassed a couple of Ducati riders with my full luggaged Dak, laughed my boobs off. It's a road where power won't get you far, very grippy tarmac and some really fast flowing bends, that turn a bit cheeky in places :thumb

well done :D I'm about the same on tourances, right to the edge of the tire, apparently the panniers are about an inch of the deck at that angle but they are fairly slim panniers.

Gave my mate a scare first time he followed me with the panniers on, though i was not going to make it around the corner :D

If you are at the Stelvio, follow the Umbrial Pass and turn left at the end towards the Schweizerischer national park (the uften or often pass I think it's called). A far more rideable road. Embarrassed a couple of Ducati riders with my full luggaged Dak, laughed my boobs off. It's a road where power won't get you far, very grippy tarmac and some really fast flowing bends, that turn a bit cheeky in places :thumb

:mmmm:mmmm:mmmm

We're heading that way in a couple of weeks. Leaving the TKC's on too :augie

I'll have to fit TJ's bike with a camera to see just how far mine'll go over. I only have about 3mm Sissy line on the edges of the front and nothing on the back :p Still not managed to get the 12 to touch down though :nenau

Back
Top Bottom