hp2 diferences to mega moto

beachman

Reaction score
apart from the obvious.......suspension, wheels, lights and tacho, brake, is their any difference in the bikes. Please consider the question, if u say the colour u will have to go to the back of the classroom and wear a funny hat. My thoughts were ratios in the box etc and steering geometry, however when looking at the wheel base it apperas the same. Im thinking u get extra 10hp and an acropovic and an ohlins though it may be to short for dirt work so in essense u just need to throw on a 21 up front and u have a hp2 enduro???

Aha.......a topic very close to my heart. Over the last month i have considered selling my HP2 for a mega, my mate has a mega and due to a little spill on a desert rallye we did shall we say ........crutches is all he is riding for the next few weeks:rolleyes: So with his mega having 200 k's on the clock i borrowed it for the last couple of weeks to see if it was worth swapping.
Here is what i think, the engine is smoother, due to the shaft balancer, it feels quicker, and on tight roads it is way easier to run fast because you do not have to set it up coming into a corner nearly as much as the enduro with motard wheels. The frame to the eye is the same, i don't know if they run the same head angle....maybe somebody else can fill us in on that one. Box ratios i don't know ....i just punch 'em through.
It is actually a nicer engine to run and pops up more readily than the enduro.
So that's what it is like on the tar, can you make it do dirt ..........i don't see why not, it would be cheap enough to replace the front forks, god knows the enduro shiva's are not exactly top shelf stuff. The rear ohlins is stiff but again this can be changed and woody can get the wheel side of things sorted out. That leaves the front master cylinder which could be changed out for a brembo unit cause the stock enduro one sucks anyway, i am on my third resevoir and second master....gravity is a bitch. Yes it can be done, the two bikes are different but it's a case of same dog different fleas. Oh and the Akro can is okay , sounds nice but it would weigh a ton..and that front headlight binnacle has to go. If you want to call me to discuss further i'm on 0405115115

hp megaduro

yep, thought as much, scotsmun im around tomorrow if u want to meet for a coffee. Im looking at a few options, one is buying one from the states and changing front forks to ohlins or anything, hpn tank, crash bars and screen and some panniers, if i bought one in the states i think i would flyover and do a trip on it, spoke to bobby from atlanta from this site and he has some stuff going on. MY number is 0418277128 mike.

mm

well i found out today what the diferences are between the mm and the hp2. The hp2 should have the engine mega moto has. Thats a sweet ride and a well made bike. Unlike the hp2 the megamoto will mono in 1.2. and third with ease. Its a far nicer throttle and smoother engine, I still believe the hp2 crossed with the gsa would be a fantastic bike, just make sure the hp2 mega moto is the engine used. So after my demo i decided .........to buy a gsa. Talk about a change of tack...

Back
Top Bottom