Speedo Dismantling!

GMR-Staffs

Has any one seen the insides of the speedo cluster on the F 650 GS, i ask because mines playing up and i suspect it's faulty internally.

Have yet to get the correct diagnosis, which i'll hopefully get when it goes in for it's 12,000 mile service, but given the cost of a replacement cluster, i'm pretty keen to 'mess about' with it myself, at best i might fix it, at worst i have to buy a new one anyway!:yikes

Cheers,
Glenn

(P.S. Sensor appears ok, but will confirm when a friend checks it's operation with electronic gizmo!)

Hang about a bit

Having nightmares with Lucy's 650gs at the moment, and it all started with the speedo, and then on to the ABS. It's been plugged into the box of tricks at BVM twice now, and we're still non the wiser. I put a new rear speedo/ABS senor on the back wheel, and it made feck all difference. New battery, no chance. All we found, was the main multi plug to the ABS pump, was green and red with corrosion when the plug was removed (to the extent that two of the pins on the ABS pump, just fell off :mad: ) After much cursing, and poking with a pointy stick, we came to the conclusion (After we sussed that the prats at Bwm had printed the picture of the multi plug the wrong way around in their own factory manuals. Twats or what) that the front ABS sensor is to blame. It's on order, and as soon as it's fitted, and the fault cancelled, I'll let you know if it was that or not.
Watch this space

Cheers Vern ,will do.

Although i suspect my fault lies elsewhere, as i don't have the ABS fitted :(, but i'll post my findings anyway, may save someone else the expense/frustration we're having!

Cheers,

Glenn

is it out of warranty then??

i had a mega problem with my instrument panel after about 6,000 miles, but BMW fixed it after about the 5th complete instrument panel was replaced.

nice thing was, they gave me a big 4 x 4 to drive round in until it was mended.

Hi Matron, yes out of warranty as it's a 'W' reg and i'm not the original owner anyway. Funny thing is it worked on and off now its just off, although when i disconnected and reconnected it, it did appear to be capable of movement, ho hum, technology i suppose ! :homer :doh

Glenn

Just an update, turns out the sensor was at fault after all, so i won't be taking my speedo apart just yet!

Glenn

Back
Top Bottom