new TT rider

harryfire

well i just bought a new rider2 with europe maps from Halfrauds, and all looks pretty good, i was looking at the zumo 550, but the TT had the scala headset with it:)
so tomorrow its going to be fitted and tried out.

right, so far i have noticed

1) i cant seem to get mp3 from my phone through the scala headsed when its connected throuth the TT,

2) cant seem to get photos put on it

3) not so glove friendly if having to type in address etc

4) when planning route on computer, it makes a random starting point for me rather than current location or home address

or am i just missing somethine here??

more to come i suspect

im now up and running with it on the bike,

very happy, works very well, but it seems im on my own out here as far as the rider goes, zumo's seem more popular i guess.
anyway, will be doing a bit of exploring with new toy, and will post up results/findings etc for those who may want a tt instead of a zumo.

The routing on my TT Rider v2 is much better than my old Garmin 2610 and SWMBO's Nuvi 310.

It's much more user friendly than than any Garmin product I've used , including the Zumo and 2820.

Route planning on Autoroute is much easier than Mapsource too and ITN Converter quickly converts .axe files into .itn files and exports them onto my Rider.

thanks for that sven, iv'e been having a blast with it, and im impressed, very easy to use, very easy to upload stuff and yes the map/route planner is good.
cant comment on the zumo, having never had one, but so far i cant fault the tomtom.

thing is...

lots of us out here had the first tomtom rider, mount was crap.. tomtom didnt want to know.. it even drilled holes in the contacts at the back... tomtom thought that was acceptable...

anything they make and sell now has got to be both cheap and outstanding to switch from the not perfect Zumo. nick

Nick,
i realise that the v1 was not so good, and i was somewhat apprehensive about getting the V2, i thought stuff it it must be better, and it is, by a long way, so far. But as i have previously stated only time will tell.
I have to admit its a doddle to use, both on and off the bike.

harry

Nick,
i realise that the v1 was not so good, and i was somewhat apprehensive about getting the V2, i thought stuff it it must be better, and it is, by a long way, so far. But as i have previously stated only time will tell.
I have to admit its a doddle to use, both on and off the bike.

harry

I have got a Tom Tom rider 2, had it since Chrimbo last year but just realised that it was sold to me with out of date mapping. TomToms response to this was basically TS, they have since done a 30 day map gaurentee thing to stop this from happening in the future...not that it helps me. Still not sure if ill update the maps but would like to know about this routing software. I take it that the TomTom must need some third party programe loaded on to do it? If anybody could give a breif run down on whats needed and any limitations I would be gratful. Is there more than 1 option? My unit is not fully upto date as the maps are limiting the 'Home V2' service.

Cheers

Adie

Take a look at ITNconverter mentioned above, allows you to plan routes on google maps or convert from formats like Autoroute
http://benichougps.blogspot.com/

Well I have played with both and got very frustrated that 'Home 2' wont me copy 'ITN' files like the old version....either that or I am missing something (but its not obvious)

Adie

Morning Adie,

The latest version of Home is poor compared to earlier ones, so the simplest option is to plug your Rider into your computer and use Windows Explorer to copy .itn files into the itn folder you'll find on your Rider.

Another routing software that works well is called TYRE. It seems to be easy to use, and does a good job - it'll produce a .itn route file, but again I avoid using TT Home and just use File Manager to transfer it.

:beerjug:

Iain

Thanks for the replies guys :thumb2

Last couple of questions (I think). Can I load more than 1 ITN file into the TomTom at once, so that I have several routes planned routes for a holiday etc? Also once your following your programed ITN route if you miss a turning does the TomTom bring you back on to your programed route or continue with own best calculated route (if that makes sense).

Cheers for your info

Adie

Hi Adie,

You can have several .itn files loaded before you go which should help with the holiday planning.

I have found that if you miss a turning the Tomtom will calculate a new route to your next point in the itinerary. If I want to stick with a particular route I have ended up using lots of waypoints so at the most it would only be a small sector that I end up off my planned route.

Hope this helps

Iain

Tom Tom

Keep a eye on the SD card holder where the little sliding lug sits mines just snapped off the main body, replaced. No problems with after sales.

Hi Adie,

You can have several .itn files loaded before you go which should help with the holiday planning.

I have found that if you miss a turning the Tomtom will calculate a new route to your next point in the itinerary. If I want to stick with a particular route I have ended up using lots of waypoints so at the most it would only be a small sector that I end up off my planned route.

Hope this helps

Iain

Many thanks for the Info Iain

TT re routing after missed waypoint

I used tyre to create an ITN of a well known route, then deliberately made mistakes. TT didi try to re route me, but only to the mised waypoint. The further i got from my missed waypoint, the more it wanted me to turn around. My TT v3 with version 7 software would not recalculate another route to the nearest next waypoint, only to the one originally missed. What
you should realize is that your TT is creating/calculating its own route, using the waypoints that you feed it. That means that you will always be directed to the next waypoint that is not 'visited' yet.
Sometimes that is irritating (when a road is under construction, etc.). You can solve it by marking a waypoint as 'visited', just like if you have been there.
You can do it this way:
- Open the main menu from your TT.
- Select 'Itinerary planning'
- Tap the waypoint that you want to skip; you will see a menu with several options.
- One of the options is 'Mark as visited'. Select that one.
- You will return to the list of waypoints.
- Select 'Done' to have your route re-calculated.

TT re routing after missed waypoint

I used tyre to create an ITN of a well known route, then deliberately made mistakes. TT didi try to re route me, but only to the mised waypoint. The further i got from my missed waypoint, the more it wanted me to turn around. My TT v3 with version 7 software would not recalculate another route to the nearest next waypoint, only to the one originally missed. What
you should realize is that your TT is creating/calculating its own route, using the waypoints that you feed it. That means that you will always be directed to the next waypoint that is not 'visited' yet.
Sometimes that is irritating (when a road is under construction, etc.). You can solve it by marking a waypoint as 'visited', just like if you have been there.
You can do it this way:
- Open the main menu from your TT.
- Select 'Itinerary planning'
- Tap the waypoint that you want to skip; you will see a menu with several options.
- One of the options is 'Mark as visited'. Select that one.
- You will return to the list of waypoints.
- Select 'Done' to have your route re-calculated.

Back
Top Bottom