Slovenia!

Went in 2006. Travelled on the back roads and over some mountains to Lake Bled. Over a crest, came across two men lying in the road (single track). No vehicles were near them, no blood i.e. not shot and their limbs all appeared to be in normal positions - not run over.......BANDITS! If I had been in car then I would have been stuffed as there was no room to drive around them. Planned my route through - took to the verge, but if they moved then I had lined up one of their right wrists. Very frightening situation to be in.

However, lovely country and would go back again.

Part of my Route takes me through it in 2 weeks, I will have some sort of ride report about it and the other parts I am sure. I am coming in from Croatia and leaving into Austria. I will probably have a stop over night there if the planning continues as it is.

Will let you know and if anyone knows a good hotel closer to Austrian border let me know.

Nick

Awful place...

DSCF0578.jpg

Food and beer were crap too..

DSCF0572.jpg

When are we going?

:aidan

It's too perilous..

Let me face the peril alone..

:aidan

PS: BUT! Is this a goer for 2009?

:beerjug:

MAybe we should ask Tom first.

Me and Ballistic came back from Romania up the Yugo coast and it was like paradise......:beerjug:

Sorry Tom didn't see you in the back :rolleyes:and yes some of us need time to sort Hols etc

Lets start with a month in 09 and see how many tossers want to join us

I couldn't organise a piss-up in a brewery...

..but I can do the pishing-up ...:D

Back
Top Bottom