DRZ/trail bike insurance help needed

Rushy

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I am struggling to get low cost insurance for the bike.

I am with Equity Red Star thru Carole Nash on the GS and naively thought I could just add the DRZ for no cost or just an admin fee but apparently they dont like off roaders. ALL I can get if I add it is third party only ( no Fire/theft ) and I was originally told this would be £36 ish quid . Tried to arrange cover earlier today and now being told its £67 quid for the rest of the year (7MTHS).

Thinking it might be best to take out a separate new polciy I got a couple of quotes from Swinton and Carole Nash and they were both around £140 - £160 for TPF&T but my GS only costs me £152 fully comp :confused:

Looked in TBM mag for insurers and there are no advertisers in there:(................need to get cover tomorrow because I want to tax it on Saturday to take it out

Any suggestions :nenau

Is it the 'S' or the 'E' model?

I ask because the 'S' used to be listed by Suzuki as an 'on-road' bike (but I see that it's no longer listed at all - except the SM)

Mine is insured through Wicked Quotes in St Albans

Greg

Its an E Greg..................wicked quotes, used to be insured with them many years ago. Might give 'em a call / whats your annual premium like on the S ?

DRZ's are nicked more than any other bike in the UK hence the quotes. Bikesure were best for me (£140 compared to £210 Carol Nash) for TPO. TPFT started becoming silly (400+)

Rang Carole Nash to speak to them further this morning.

I wished to clarify a few points with them ;

1) Why the big jump in premium ?
2) Why didnt anybody call me back yesterday which they promised to do?
3) How quickly can we get this resolved and how quickly can I get a cover note?

I spoke to someone in customer services who told me

" Your new bike has already been added to you policy sir . "

Me :confused: really ?

" Yes and we have charged you just £36 as you requested "

Me " What about payment and a cover note?"

"We sent out the policy documents yesterday with a cover note and a bill sir, anything else I can help you with today ? "

Me "nope, that'll do nicely :clap" :bounce1 :bounce1 :bounce1

Back
Top Bottom