Also new here

indaba

Reaction score
Hi,

I was pointed in the direction of this forum from Horizons Unlimited. I am getting my F800GS in a couple of weeks and can't wait! I've been riding (or not riding to be more honest) a Honda CBR600 but because I am what I describe as very cuddley but the wife describes as fat :D I just don't feel comfortable on it so I decided to get myself something that is more fun. :)

We hope (the wife and I - she rides a Transalp but I'm working on bringing her over to the good side ;) ) are planning to go on some trips next year (Europe, Morrocco) with a big trip through Africa the year after and we're doing the BMW Off-road course this October.

Apart from that I am a software developer and wildlife photographer and am trying desperately to work out how to pack all my camera gear on the bike.

Adrian

Hi,

I was pointed in the direction of this forum from Horizons Unlimited. I am getting my F800GS in a couple of weeks and can't wait! I've been riding (or not riding to be more honest) a Honda CBR600 but because I am what I describe as very cuddley but the wife describes as fat :D I just don't feel comfortable on it so I decided to get myself something that is more fun. :)

We hope (the wife and I - she rides a Transalp but I'm working on bringing her over to the good side ;) ) are planning to go on some trips next year (Europe, Morrocco) with a big trip through Africa the year after and we're doing the BMW Off-road course this October.

Apart from that I am a software developer and wildlife photographer and am trying desperately to work out how to pack all my camera gear on the bike.

Adrian
Hi, Interested to hear your thoughts on the GS 800 / how you get on with it.
I run an odd trip to east Europe + also looking at trying the 800 on a trip to China next year. Also a photographer - so, used to carrying a bit of kit - I find that everything fits into the smaller left side metal pannier - quite safe n' sound. I've carried full kit out to Europe on a couple of wedding jobs recently - all no problem. Cheers :)

Hi, Interested to hear your thoughts on the GS 800 / how you get on with it.
I run an odd trip to east Europe + also looking at trying the 800 on a trip to China next year. Also a photographer - so, used to carrying a bit of kit - I find that everything fits into the smaller left side metal pannier - quite safe n' sound. I've carried full kit out to Europe on a couple of wedding jobs recently - all no problem. Cheers :)

Globerider,

Thanks - errr Just looking at how to get the 500mm monster in the pannier now :D

Adrian

welcome.:thumb
Apart from that I am a software developer and wildlife photographer 'quote indaba'
plenty of Animals around here :augie but most to ugly to photo.:thumb
:beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom