Spark Plug removal for when I fall off in the river

mm8

Reaction score
Hi,

To save me taking the bike apart, does anyone know the socket size for the spark plug and do I need anything special to extract it?

Thanks
Martin

Don't fall in the river then!

...useless advice, I know, but the sort I'm best at... However, surely the correct plug is specified in the handbook? That should at least help you find the plug socket size.

Sorry though, can't answer the rest of your query. I'm ashamed to say I haven't even looked for the plugs on mine.:eek:

I have two Iridum plugs lying on the shelf in my garage. They are 16mm. The Iridium plugs did wonder on my old 650GS so I thought why not give them a try on the 800...

After spending an hour on dismantling the plastic panels, battery and air intake I discovered that the plugs were so deep down so any traditional spark plug key (or the one from the toolset to the 650) would not work. You would need a really tall one. Defenitely not something I would like to do by the river....

/Lars

It's not good really is it? A supposedly adventure touring bike. My Honda Varadero XL125 not only came with the tool to remove the plug but they were easily accessible by the side of the engine.

On two occassions I dropped the bike and the plugs got fouled up. It took ten minutes to take them off and give them a clean. I've already fiddled with the top cover to get to the Canbus on my F800GS. By what you're saying we will have to dig deeper. Might be something to investigate when I've got time on my hands and not when I'm by the river :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom