tom tom rider lead/charger, connecting

bsogri

Reaction score
gs 1200,,, i just got rider and cable to connect to battery, do i just connect to battery[12v] or do i need an inline charger to drop , if i connect to headstock feed does canbus system compensate for charger/safety etc

My Rider is connected to Canbus and works fine. Got the Canbus Lead from local BMW dealer and soldered it to the Tom Tom lead. Works a treat.

Fitted my TomTom direct to the battery via an in line fuse from halfords, ran cable along nearside under the panels. Simple.

Using the CanBus connection does the clever "power stays on for 2 mins after switching off" thing.

I also set my TT Rider V2 to auto off after power has been disconnected.

Bike and TT batteries always charged now :D

tom tom rider connecting to canbus

did you wire tom tom up to canbus without the cradle

Question, sorry if this has been asked before. TT rider V1, I seem to loose power really quickly to the tt if its not fully charged before I sit it on the cradle.

I have checked the cable and 12V runs through it end to end but when I connect it to the cradle and put the volt meter across the 4 connection pins I can only get 4.8V. Is this correct? I suspect its just a trickle charge enough to keep the tt on. Anyone else done the same with same results?

Could be losing power cos the contacts on the back of the Rider are worn and pins dont connect properly.

Known fault with Rider One and why I had to bin mine and replace with a Garmin.

So it should read 12V on the cradle eh? Thanks for that purds, thinking of doing the same myself. I like the look of the Garmin 660 always wished I had gone for the Garmin since buying the TT.

cheers.

Well just taken the cradle off the bike and noticed on the bottom of it says:

12-24V Input

5V output

So going by that it should be charging fine.

Bike and TT batteries always charged now :D

Do you remember which 2 of the 3 wires in the adapter socket you used?

Mine works fine, but the TT battery is not charging when its connected to the bike. 1200 gs 08. Thanks.

TT1 charger and Canbus

I plumbed in the BMW lead to my TT1 cradle many months ago, but it has never charged the device. The pins and contacts at the back of the device show no sign on the dreaded drill-out problem, so I don't *think* the problem is the contacts. Will the Canbus system allow me to do a voltage check at the headstock connector if I disconnect the lead from it? Or does it consider my attempt at a check to be a sign of a fault and promptly shuts the power off?

tom tom rider 1 charging

I have wired into canbus, reading 12 volts to feed input side of cradle and 5 volts on cradle output to sat nav but it still doesn,t work , no pitting or sticking pins, any ideas,,,,,,,,,,,
sat nav charges ok in house and direct to accessory socket
frustrated

Back
Top Bottom