BMW Arrogance

bradders

Reaction score
I phoned up AJ in Shipley last week to get my bike booked in for the 600 mile service. No problem I thought as I was told theres a 2 week waiting list and as I've gone over this by 20 miles didnt think it would be a problem. The sales guy told me when I picked up the bike to get it in for it's first service between 600 - 1000 miles and it would be fine.
Spoke to their service guy and he was quite stroppy, informing me I should've booked this service when I picked the bike up ! When I told him the mileage he said, well you can't ride it anymore, and its 4 weeks before we can get you in in a rather arrogant / smug manner.
Now I am a Chartered Engineer, and I am fairly certain that if I ride the bike further it won't cause any damage. I know about service intervals etc and the BMW are covering their rears but what a cheek.
I think BMW's arrogance beggars believe :thedummy I had heard of this prior to buying the bike but I have wanted a GS for a long time and thought maybe, just maybe I was wrong :(
With all the crap press BMW are receiving, you'd have thought they'd be telling their dealers to take the stick from up their backsides and be nice to customers !!!

Bradders,

I've previuosly been told by BMW dealers that if you go over the mile limit it makes bugger all differance. Sounds like the bloke is a complete tool...... I'd be writing a letter to BMW. We all need to start complaining direct to BMW about the crap aftersales service their agents are providing.

Bradders

The chap is talking complete rubbish. With my 1200RT I was actually told to bring it in at 800+ miles rather than the 600 as they (CW Motorcycles in Dorchester) preferred that.

Write a letter to BMW CCing the dealer relating your experience. That ought to bring him to his senses!

:thumb2

Best thing to do
Change dealers
The customer is KING
Take it to Rainbow Alma road Rotherham.

Simple As

"Praise the lord and pass the Ammunition"

What a load of bollox. My first service was almost 1200 miles over and it concerned Pidcocks not one iota, they even reminded me to make sure my next service is 6000 from the last one so as its not done too soon.

I would be looking for another place to take my custom to be honest.

More the dealer's fault than BM's I would have thought.

If you look at the manual, it gives a range for the 1st service which IIRC is between about 300 and 750 miles and I doubt if it matters much if you go past that.

Just to put another side, just had my 660 (!) mile service at AJ and when I rang up to book in they had no problem me doing up to 800-900 miles and were extremely pleasant throughout letting me have a loan bike even though I hadn't ordered one prior to going in. Still the usual BMW cost to service though!

CB

I pushed my GSA to nearly 1200 miles before my first service and the service manager said he prefered to see a higher milage on a bike, however when I got my invoice back he laughed and said look at that, I made a mistake on the milage, and sure enough he had entered 990 miles :nenau This meant it was under the 1k BWM guidance figure 'Just in case'

Bottom line - I sometimes curse BMW dealers/salesmen/owners for being incredibly arrogant but truth be known the majority are really good people, if you find a dealer who is less that perfect move on, the one round the corner will be more than happy to take your business.

AJ's booked me in last week, only 3 days waiting list

Phoned last Monday and the work was done last Thursday

My initial service was at 1000 miles.

I was on the Isle of Skye yesterday afternoon when my bike decided to warn me that I needed a service in 600 miles time. I did the 720 miles home arriving back 1am this morning, but I'm now into minus figures. :eek:

It so happens the bike is booked in for a service on Wednesday, but this idea of the bike reminding you when it needs servicing rather than having fixed service intervals is somewhat flawed.

Tim

My initial service was at 1000 miles.

I was on the Isle of Skye yesterday afternoon when my bike decided to warn me that I needed a service in 600 miles time. I did the 720 miles home arriving back 1am this morning, but I'm now into minus figures. :eek:

It so happens the bike is booked in for a service on Wednesday, but this idea of the bike reminding you when it needs servicing rather than having fixed service intervals is somewhat flawed.

Tim

Think I saw you on Fri am (red 2008 12GSA) going up, you were on A1 north of Wetherby, Tim................I gave you a wave:thumb2

Time to look around

Thanks for the replies guys, I am phoning Rainbow tomorrow from work to see if they can get me in any quicker.
I am riding it Tuesday evening, as at Squires there's a BMW meeting every third Tuesday I believe at 7.30pm or so some very nice chap told me when I was last at Squires.

Back
Top Bottom