Akito desert

RoyCal

Sorry about no pics will try again!!!http://i461.photobucket.com/albums/qq331/RoyCal/desertsandback.jpg

desertsandback.jpg

http://i461.photobucket.com/ahttp:/...pantsand.jpglbums/qq331/RoyCal/desertsand.jpg

desertsand.jpg

Once again maybe this time it works.
New to this as you can probably tell.

As you can tell new to this but hopefully will get there in the end. Thanks anyway

it looks like the one i have, not a bad jacket, i used mine in all weather, its not very waterproof nor warm, and to be fair, has not held up well, with the inner liner coming away, some of the fastners inside have broke, and the inner side zip broke, but its had a lot of use.
still not bad for the money though

it looks like the one i have, not a bad jacket, i used mine in all weather, its not very waterproof nor warm, and to be fair, has not held up well, with the inner liner coming away, some of the fastners inside have broke, and the inner side zip broke, but its had a lot of use.
still not bad for the money though

is this based on wearing the jacket with both liners in place???
just that i have one of these (bought about 3 months ago, which has been fine so far):nenau

mine has done well, apart from me losing weight and it not fitting any more...

the only gripe I have, is that the waterproof 'breathable' membrane, aint very waterproof or breathable.

And is it me, or is the waterproof linings back to front when comparing trousers to jacket?

Russ, mine was fine for 6 to 8 months, then it started to leak. Yeah wore with inner liner and wot not, but the liner that started to come away was not the removable one but the lining of the jacket.
I agree, four of these for one twat jacket, wouldnt buy one of those though
but as i said, not a bad jacket for the money.:thumb2

mine has done well, apart from me losing weight and it not fitting any more...

the only gripe I have, is that the waterproof 'breathable' membrane, aint very waterproof or breathable.

And is it me, or is the waterproof linings back to front when comparing trousers to jacket?

I thought that too!!!:blast

mind you, after wearing it a few times not sure that its that comfortable to wear with just the waterproof liner, the thermal liner at least keeps it off your skin!

it does seem to be the quality of the internal linings and sewing zip strength that lets these down

Nice that they've put the 'a' for 'arse' on the back so the 1200 owners don't put it on back to front :)

I only use it for warm sunny days! It's not waterproff nor warm... If I could take it back I would! Also, it has no backprotector! should have paid more attention when I bought it...

I bought one a the beginning of the summer for a light weight summer jacket and have worn it without any of the linings in. Have to say its been great one of the best jackets I have ever had, if it tips down I have a light weight over jacket and between them I has not leaked yet.
I will agree though I don't think that it is going to be a good winter downpour jacket, I have worn it in the rain on its own with the liner and whilst it didn't leak it was not that breathable, but I do find it warm enough, the outside pockets are not brilliant the flaps need to be bigger, but I bought it as a summer occasional rain use jacket and as such its great. Cost under £100 If I get two years use I will be happy, and I have a really warm heavy waterproof jacket to use when it gets really cold and wet.

If you compare it against a BMW (t--T) its no contest, but its never going to be a £600 for 100, however its as good as some I have had at £200+, and on that basis its good value. I buy another one.

Best bit of kit I have had for the money! Used it during our ride across southern Africa. Cold in the mornings and then 38+ during the day. Was warm enough first thing with all the zips closed and then I opened them up once the sun was at its height. Worn without the linings and the waterproof inners. Bought it on the advice of a customer in the shop who had just come back from a round Europe trip in one and loved it. I would buy another one.

I only use it for warm sunny days! It's not waterproff nor warm... If I could take it back I would! Also, it has no backprotector! should have paid more attention when I bought it...

I understand what you mean....but have a separate back protector anyway which i wear with all my jackets.....as I don@t think any of the protectors that are in with jackets are as good!

tried it all out yesterday on atrip up to silverstone for the bsb...(great racing by the way!)
we had FOG and 5 or 6 degree temps on the way there, then hot sun later on for the first part of the return trip

it kept me warm and dry, so thats encouraging......altho I have decided to wear the 2 linings zipped together as a sort of waistcoat not zipped into jacket for comfort and ease of use, be interesting to see how it pans out over time

Just shows that where bike kit is concerned opinions vary and views can be subjective!

Back
Top Bottom