Newbie in Kent

ush1000

Greetings all,

I'm Andrew, a bit of a bikeaholic, recently turned 50, totally new to BMW bikes. Got an R1200GS 06 plate, part exchanged an FJR1300A. Have struggled to find a bike that does everything I want - tour, commute, fun ride, economical, cool....... So far so good, the 2 bikes I have owned and enjoyed over the last couple of years are Varadero and DL650 VStrom - have to say the GS is in the same mould but with a bit more er something special about it. I was getting depressed riding the FJR - its a fantastic bike but I just wasn't quite getting into it - after a week touring around Scotland I should have been loving it, instead I put it straight on ebay when I got back home.
Rusty bolts aside the GS looks great and I think I have a good dealer nearby - Coopers TWells. Not sure about the wind protection but I will read FAQ etc as I am sure there is plenty of talk about this. Hey the other thing I have noticed is I don't feel obliged to nod at every other bike on the road now - people seem to ignore me....brilliant!!!!

Cheers for now :)

Hi

Hi buddy welcome,well your at the right place,any probs these guys know the answers..........:beerjug:

Hi Ush1000 & welcome, trust me mate you`ve definately made the right choice with your GS, the more the miles the bigger the smiles :thumb

Back
Top Bottom