Xchal oil warning lamp on...key removed

Adventure Stu

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone else had come across this problem. The last time I rode the bike was about 4 weeks ago, on a Salisbury Plain run with Millard. I did go through some deep puddles and ended up up to my seat at one point, (literallly 3 or 4 inches from the exhaust outlet:eek:) but when I got back there were no problems. Anyway, I have been away for the past few weeks and on my return found that the oil warning lamp was illuminated with the fuel warning lamp dimly lit. A few guys who keep their bikes in the same garage i use said that they noticed it just after I had disappeared. Lamp lit for over 3weeks so it was nice that the bike started first time no probs.
I know it'll be a "short" somewhere and the bike is with Bahnstormer now for rectification, under warranty.

Also. how ofen are you lot topping up your suspensions. Mine seems to have a bit of a slow leak, as i've topped it up 3 times now in a couple of months. Today after riding it 25ish miles to the garage, the bubble was still forward of the centre mark:nenau

I have had clocks replaced under warranty for same problem.The new clocks had two stickers on the back,one for build date and other dated about six months later saying"water tested ok".Second sticker obviously optimistic as have had same problem again.
I do couple of deep fords regularly and jet wash it,it's a dirt bike,shame BMW doesn't recognise that.

+1 for water ingress

Just spoke to Bahnstormer who have informed me that it appears my bike is suffering from the same problem as Bugs'. Their GT-1 (diagnostic machine) has come to that conclusion that water in clocks is the problem. So 9 days after dropping my 650, and with no end date in sight as the systems are showing no units available:( I am having to please myself with the choice of saddling up on my 1150GSA or their 1200GSA courtesy bike:D

Regards the shock, i'm not convinced too much has happened on that front. If it is leaking, it is very slowly and no conclusion has been reached as yet.

Back
Top Bottom