Have you an engineering issue with your motorcycle?

Timpo

North Wales TRF
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Have you an engineering issue with your motorcycle and you are struggling to find a solution?

There have been numerous horror stories posted on this forum, of broken studs, stripped threads, cracked frames/casing etc, this has prompted me to offer some engineering remedies to the issues you may have.

I have the use of a wide variety of machine tools and can offer solutions for many problems you may encounter:-
  • Lathe and milling machining
  • AC/DC TIG welding
  • One off fabrication
  • Stud extraction
  • Hybrid and modification jobs can also be catered for
PM me a description of the problem, along with some photos, and I let you know whether I can help.

I am based in Cheshire, 6 miles North from Chester.

Timpo.

Good idea. :thumb2

I'm pretty much self-sufficient but would be good to know if you'll charge by the hour or an an agreed price once you've looked at the job in question?

Timpo

Not an engineering solution as such, but amongst your various tools, would you have some type of shot blasting cabinet? I'd like to clean up a stripped down airhead gearbox casing. Happy to pay of course (I'll even pay if you let me have a go:thumb2), and of course I'll bring a packet of biscuits for dunking purposes).

Worth a try!

Cheers, W

Count me in

Along the same lines as Timpo.I'm just south of Chester,so if you have a problem in Chester,you're sorted.

PM me.:thumb

A great idea :thumb especially as I am only up the road near Wrexham, just off out to the garage to create myself an engineering problem:eek::D

Stewart

Hi, would that include fitting recently purchased Rockster ally wheels to my GSA? - too lazy / old to get off my......
Paul RB
A Mancunian living on Wirral

:tears:tears fao timpo-
ref pm

Attachments

• footpegs 1150gs 007.jpg
    footpegs 1150gs 007.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 944
  • footpegs 1150gs 006.jpg
    footpegs 1150gs 006.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 958
  • footpegs 1150gs 005.jpg
    footpegs 1150gs 005.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 968
  • footpegs 1150gs 004.jpg
    footpegs 1150gs 004.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 962
Is anyone capable of cutting me a nice tidy 11.5cm diameter disc from a 3mm Ali plate. I could post it to you and include a few bob for return postage.

Jim

I'll do it later in the year if no one else will, hampered by a broken collarbone & impending garage extension at present.

credit where credit is due.
i just need to polish the one Timpo repaired.
PROPER JOB:bow:bow:bow:bow:bow
Thank You :thumb

Attachments

• DSC00015.jpg
    DSC00015.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 632
  • DSC00016.jpg
    DSC00016.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 633
  • DSC00017.jpg
    DSC00017.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 1,006