Greetings from the US

donbcivil

I rode in Northern California for 5 years. Took 14 years off and then got retrained and got myself a Speed Triple last year, in the Seattle area. Put 14,000 miles on her in about 15 months, got the adventure touring bug and got my feet wet with a ride up to BC:

http://donbcivil.net/lillooet6June2008.html

Next year I hope to get close to the Yukon.

I'm here because I'm thinking about the new 800 GS, though still thinking about some other dual-sports...

:beerjug:

Welcome .

Love Seattle.Great city.

Hopefully heading that way a few times over the winter to pop up to Crystal Mountain to strap some wooden planks to my feet.

:thumb

Welcome to the site and you live in a great place for riding.

Was up in BC a few weeks ago and rode the 99 from Cache Creek to Whistler. Stunning road and views to die for:D Had all 4 seasons in a day as well which is always fun.

Pity the Whistler/Vancouver road is a 112km roadwork but hell, can't have everything I guess:thumb

Even managed a day waterskiing on Lake washington with a few buddies who live in Kirkland. Good times :D

Was up in BC a few weeks ago and rode the 99 from Cache Creek to Whistler. Stunning road and views to die for:D Had all 4 seasons in a day as well which is always fun.

Did you stop in Lillooet? There's a good Greek place there.

Pity the Whistler/Vancouver road is a 112km roadwork but hell, can't have everything I guess:thumb

Even managed a day waterskiing on Lake washington with a few buddies who live in Kirkland. Good times :D

Yeah, the Whistler/Vancouver stretch had some annoying construction but at least there was some mindboggling scenery to take in, while stopped.

I really hope I can make it up to Whitehorse next year, though it could be tricky having big chunks of time off of work.

And then, someday I'd like to ride from the UK to Istanbul....:thumb

BTW, I would enjoy having beer & pizza with fellow riders passing through the area.

Hoping to meet some folks from BC at the Seattle bike show, this Fall.

Back
Top Bottom