Greetings from the colonies...

Bruce.B

Hello all. I'm a NooB from southwestern US who is recently back aboard a m/c after several years on 4 wheels. When I started riding it was on street bikes (Honda, Suzuki), so this whole GS thing is really new. I got here to UKGSer.com via links from ADVRider.

I bought a 2007 F650GS to start riding again (excellent), then when the new twins started arriving here in August I got in line and now have an F800GS. Definitely a whole different look at riding than the F650GS single and I seem to be having way too much fun. ;)

Looking forward to gaining more great info. Thanks for a great forum!

Bruce
Santa Fe, NM, US

Hi there Bruce and welcome to the site :beerjug:

I've had a quick blat on an 800 off road and it's a cracking bike isn't it, glad you are enjoying it :thumb2

Andres

Hello all. I'm a NooB from southwestern US who is recently back aboard a m/c after several years on 4 wheels. When I started riding it was on street bikes (Honda, Suzuki), so this whole GS thing is really new. I got here to UKGSer.com via links from ADVRider.

I bought a 2007 F650GS to start riding again (excellent), then when the new twins started arriving here in August I got in line and now have an F800GS. Definitely a whole different look at riding than the F650GS single and I seem to be having way too much fun. ;)

Looking forward to gaining more great info. Thanks for a great forum!

Bruce
Santa Fe, NM, US

Hello Bruce, welcome to UKGSer its good to have you with us.

There's plenty going on in the forum, join in where you can it'll make your stay so much more interesting. :)

welcome new guy, you couldn't be a sport could you and pop across the road to check that my family's land holdings are doing ok, you can't miss it, the sign will say Queensland when you get there.....:thumb

Thanks for the welcome...

... very appreciated!

Tell you what, Garfield- if I can find a road or a trail to QLD, I'd be happy to check on your property! :)

Bruce

Probably!

Hello and welcome Bruce :aidan I'll bet it's warmer where you are than it is here :thumb

Betcha' you're right! :) We were in the 70's today. Great day at the Albuquerque Balloon Festival (60 mi. SW of us) with a mass liftoff that went without too many casualties. But tonight it starts changing as a cold front rolls in. We're at 7,000' in Santa Fe, so cold fronts can turn miserable in short order. In a couple days I'll find myself checking the calendar to see how long till spring! :)

Betcha' you're right! :) We were in the 70's today. Great day at the Albuquerque Balloon Festival (60 mi. SW of us) with a mass liftoff that went without too many casualties. But tonight it starts changing as a cold front rolls in. We're at 7,000' in Santa Fe, so cold fronts can turn miserable in short order. In a couple days I'll find myself checking the calendar to see how long till spring! :)

:( We started off at 3 degs C this morning and it looks like going downhill over the weekend.

Thats it when I make my fortune I'm off to warmer climes....maybe Manchester or somewhere else exotic.

welcome aboard Bruce. I have an F800GS and I'm loving every minute of it! :aidan This Forum is a great resource!

Sante Fe is a nice location. I was out that way a few years back. A good landscape to test out the F800 :aidan

:( We started off at 3 degs C this morning and it looks like going downhill over the weekend.

Thats it when I make my fortune I'm off to warmer climes....maybe Manchester or somewhere else exotic.

Just don't choose somethwhere so warm you have to deal with hurricanes/typhoons! :forry

Bruce

welcome aboard Bruce. I have an F800GS and I'm loving every minute of it! :aidan This Forum is a great resource!

Sante Fe is a nice location. I was out that way a few years back. A good landscape to test out the F800 :aidan

Thanks for the welcome!

We love our location and the adjacent Sangre de Cristo mountains. Great riding around here. This is a big improvement over (literally!) sweating out hurricane season in the Florida keys!

Ouch! Now that's a rotten choice... hope they pay you really well! :)

Back
Top Bottom