Norway, Sweden June 2009?

cornwallgser

No detailed plans yet, just getting a feel for it. I have a long standing itch to go to the arctic circle just for the hell of it, and the itch needs scratching. Anybody interested or, has good advice. Thinking end of June / early July period, about 10 days.

my mrs wants us to go to norway, and i do too, im just trying to persuade / force / blackmail her to go via the bikes! Might be up for riding there together if you fancy it.

But I think she wants us to be alone in norway.. the whole.. relationship development thing ;) ;)

I was planning a trip to there this year, didnt make it. SO I would be up for it also. I was thinking about riding through Denmark into Sweden then from Stockholm blasting right up to the top on the motorway (as the speed limits are only 50mph fastest in Norway and very rigourously enforced) then casually strolling down the coast of Norway at 50mph.

Norway next year

Hi guys. Thanks for the interest. I'm off to Valencia next week to see the Moto GP procession. Once that's out of the way then it's planning time for next year.

i'm interested in this and can possibly arrange some stop overs in Norway or Sweden

i was planning this trip for sometime in the future and july 09 seems like a good time to go....:thumb2

i will be in devon/cornwall before the new year if you want to meet over a pint,

The wych way inn near callington was an old haunt of mine........

How was Valencia ?

Hi guys. Thanks for the interest. I'm off to Valencia next week to see the Moto GP procession. Once that's out of the way then it's planning time for next year.

will talk this over with you on ferry see you on docks 10ish 22/10 now staying near lizcard tusday night :beerjug::clap:clap:clap

Advice

Sounds great, have doen much of Sweden, DK, G and Ned on a VFR. My advice. Get the northern (newcastle/hull) ferry for Norway and Gothernburg.
Do not ride the motorways from Dk to gothernburg, its just too dull. The ferrry is expensive but you can roll off in Gothenburg then blast up through Sweden and on up to the north. Back through Norway and leave from there. The ferry makes it a great 'round trip'. Bring plenty of money and the youth/country hostels look great, there is camping in loads of places and beware it will be cold!
any more you want to know get in touch

cheers
ROwan

160 bikes on the ferry...

Haga

Sorry we didn't spot you on the ferry to Santander last week. Had a good mixed bag weekend , tiresome moto GP race though. Perhaps next time. Did you spot the guy with the melted R1 tail end? I understand that his tail pack caught fire, then his large ruck sack, then the ass end of the bike. Maybe speak about Norway for next year.

hi mate just got back valencia /portamaio sorry i mist you let me know about norway hooked up with a ozzey on a ducati st been travaling round gp's for 8 mounths

Back
Top Bottom