KTM 950 Purchase

Sylvester

Reaction score
Currently I have an r100gs. I have been seduced by a 950 Adventure with 55k kilometers on the clock. It works out at around 6500euros.
My questions are:
1, Are they easy to service? Are the valves shimmed? I do all my own maintenance work.
2, How long do they "live". My GS is 14 years and 100k old and still going strong. I'd heard you will have to exect problems around the 70k mark with the engine
3, Is there anything I should look out for when having a look at it?
Many thanks,
Sylvester.

Hi Quite a high milage for the money! They are pretty Strong but less easy to work on than the GS.Lot of bodywork to remove.The valves are Shimmed and need checking every 12000 miles I think. If its been regularly serviced you should be fine.Check the starter motor sprag recall has been done and any other recall work.They are Great bikes!:thumb

Thanks for the info. There are not many around here for sale second hand. I was quite supprised to find the mileage so high especially in relation to the age in comparision with other bikes. They also seem to hold their value well. There is also a 690 adventure for sale, much lower KM but not much difference in price. I'm not so sure the single would be enough for me. The modern singles seem a bit revy for me to be honest.

Back
Top Bottom