Touratech Tool box

It is ok for small size tools, but it's not water proof so everything in it will get wet.
Still you get some extra space for hight price. Watch out for sharp edges inside the box.

I should say it is a most unsuitable place if you are going to travel on rough roads - it will get bashed! Then most likely, you'll have trouble getting your tools out of it.

just right for gettin full of crap an water?it,l never stay sealed once it gets bashed about ,i recon

check paris-dakar rally racers - almost all of them use this space on their bikes for tools. It s good extra space.

check paris-dakar rally racers - almost all of them use this space on their bikes for tools. It s good extra space.

I seem to remember Si Pavey saying they used the space for carrying 3ltrs of emergency water.

That TT effort looks like you could get the standard tool kit or a 1/2 ltr bottle of water in. It completely dwarfs what looks like the OE bash plate too, so I guess they're about as useful as each other. :nenau

Looking again at the pics and description, it says 'large bash plate' dosen't look very large to me. The box will never be waterproof either, because it's only got three sides. Do Ortleib make bags that small?

Val.

Agree, not a wise location.

I should say it is a most unsuitable place if you are going to travel on rough roads - it will get bashed! Then most likely, you'll have trouble getting your tools out of it.

Contemplated locating a tool roll in a simular device of my own design on my F650GS Dakar but decided against it as the location is just plain wrong. Looks nice and all buy in practice I would venture to guess that its days would be numbered.

I do like the idea of getting the weight down low.

Jed.

Back
Top Bottom