QUEST Question = Grumblin Garmin

BegesRus

Reaction score
Has anyone got a Touratech Mount?
Mine for a Quest always gives trouble with the Power going on and off
The Quest then starts to shut down 30, 29, 28 . . .
It then comes back on and starts Aquiring Salelites - this goes on forever with no success!

Anyone know if it's the pins on the Touratech bent or not contacting or have they pin-holed the Gold on the Quest so not connecting????????????

Garmin say it's a poor battery connection - checked this and it's very tight

I'm stumpted

Is the mount connected directly to the battery or to an accessory socket?

Straight onto the Battery (through a fused link)
It's an R100GSPD none of that Cambus stuff

There goes my idea then! I had the same issue before my cradle was direct to battery.

Have you had a meter on the mount pins to see if the voltage is dropping or "pulsing" when the bike's running?

OK worth a try - battery turned over the bike for over an hour whist attempting to start it with the throttle cables disconnected (Dooooh!) So I don't think that the Bat is the problem

Cheers for the suggestions

Can you test the Quest in your Car ?

If the unit works fine in the car (using the Garmin mount) then it is not the internal battery, it is the connections between the back of the Quest and the Touratech mount.

Are all the contacts clean ?

Mine is the same on the TT mount so I disconnected it and rely on internal power instead. I think the lead is bollixed, I must get it tested.

Make sure the Quest is in the cradle with the bottom of the unit parallel to the bottom of the bracket. It's easy to chuck it in a bit wonky, and then the power (on mine at least) is intermittent.

Also make sure the pins are clean too, if you've been using the bike in the wet, with the GPS out then the +5v pin tends to go a bit green.

The power problem you describe could well be the contacts, as earlier posters have said, but if it is having trouble aquiring satalites then it could be the aerial is knackered. Mine did this, until I bought an external aerial (£10 off flea bay) which cured it.
Mark

Back
Top Bottom