Diadora "cruise" boots

Mort

Reaction score
Sold as waterproof......the're not:mad:

If you're looking to buy waterproof boots don't be a tight wad like me and buy a pair with a "Gortex" lining

Attachments

• phpThumb.jpg
    phpThumb.jpg
    4.4 KB · Views: 313
return them and get your money back.........

I use Sidi Black Rain - I didn't think that they'd be so good, but they are.

Alternatively buy some gortex socks. I bought some 10 years ago and they're still waterproof. They have been extensively water tested in the Swiss & Italian Mountains, and English countryside.

Stop being such a tight g*t and go spend a little of the Mort fortune to get yourself a pair of Daytona Road Star GTX. You know it makes sense.
Best boots I have ever owned and totally waterproof.

Stop being such a tight g*t and go spend a little of the Mort fortune to get yourself a pair of Daytona Road Star GTX. You know it makes sense.
Best boots I have ever owned and totally waterproof.

How does the instep stand up to non-rubberised footpegs like the 1200 GSA / fastway / TT type ones?

How does the instep stand up to non-rubberised footpegs like the 1200 GSA / fastway / TT type ones?

Sorry, cant comment as I always have the rubber inserts fitted to my pegs. The latest soles (like mine) dont have all the little bobbles that the older versions had and should be fine. However, dont blame me etc etc :D

I do quite a high mileage during the year so I tend to have at least 2 of everything needed for biking, plus I work in the trade and get "looked after";)

My other boots are BMW Gortex ones which have been great and never let me down. Before that I had Oxtar (now TCS) gortex and again no problem.

So it;s Gortex of nothing from now on.

Mike, I tried to buy some of Richmonds finest last October, but they didn't have the right size in stock so I ordered a pair for collection in late January, which turned in to Febuary then March. During the March call the young lad was so disinterested and basicly said don't call back, we'll call you.......I'm still waiting for the call:(

I Mike, I tried to buy some of Richmonds finest last October, but they didn't have the right size in stock so I ordered a pair for collection in late January, which turned in to Febuary then March. During the March call the young lad was so disinterested and basicly said don't call back, we'll call you.......I'm still waiting for the call:(

You need to go down and stick the boot in....:D

I'll get me coat.

So it;s Gortex of nothing from now on.

I have a theory that Gore really tries to protect it's brand name, so it doesn't let its fabric be used / named in anything that could be less than perfect. You pay more for the kit with their brand name on, but it does the job.

I've got the BM allround boots and so far in 6 months commuting in this years "summer" they've not leaked :) the 1200 GSA footpegs though have damaged the instep though :(

I have a theory that Gore really tries to protect it's brand name, so it doesn't let its fabric be used / named in anything that could be less than perfect. You pay more for the kit with their brand name on, but it does the job.

Any company using gortex has to have their product approved by Gore themself, they insist on leather boots as they breath, lorica (most boots) doesn't.

Anyhoo, you get what you pay for:rolleyes:

Mike, I tried to buy some of Richmonds finest last October, but they didn't have the right size in stock so I ordered a pair for collection in late January, which turned in to Febuary then March. During the March call the young lad was so disinterested and basicly said don't call back, we'll call you.......I'm still waiting for the call:(

Sad to hear that......:(

Getting 'To big for their own Boots' maybe....:nenau

I had a very similar experience but with their walking boots. I got some after about 10 months wait and am rather dissapointed with them. The quality is nowhere near as good as I expect from a walking boot that cost as much as they did. The leather is rubbish :mad:

Try some Daytona Roadstars, they're the badgers nadgers:thumb2

Back
Top Bottom