Any TRF Somerset members here?

before you join the trf local group???

trf website indicates an axe vale group in portishead
Telephone : 01275 373652
The Axe vale group meets on the 2nd Tuesday of every month at 8pm. We meet at The Windmill Inn, Nore road, Portishead.

or
somerset group
in taunton
Somerset
Telephone : 0781 5062021
Email : Click here
The Somerset group meets on the 2nd Thursday of every month at The Crown Inn, Fivehead, Near Taunton, Somerset, TA3 6PQ.

their coast to coast weekend was bloody great, not sure it still goes on (IIRC H&S reared its ugly head:spitfire )

trf website indicates an axe vale group in portishead
Telephone : 01275 373652
The Axe vale group meets on the 2nd Tuesday of every month at 8pm. We meet at The Windmill Inn, Nore road, Portishead.

From what I understand, the Portishead group is made up of Mr Clegg and himself only - not exactly an active group from what I hear.

I don't tend to ride the trails around home as there aren't many so haven't made any effort to get involved, which is not really the best way to make the TRF any better.:eek:

I'd be interested in supporting them in Somerset if they're active and have trails.

Im in

I'm a member of the Somerset group.
Don't get to the meetings much but they do put on some runs and have some vey Knowledgeable members.
The lane situation in Somerset is such a mess though that no-one wants to say which lane's are ok to ride and which ones are not.
There is a court case going on at the moment and the outcome of that could be V important as it involves what was considered to be a 'safe 'lane.

From what I understand, the Portishead group is made up of Mr Clegg and himself only - not exactly an active group from what I hear.

I don't tend to ride the trails around home as there aren't many so haven't made any effort to get involved, which is not really the best way to make the TRF any better.:eek:

I'd be interested in supporting them in Somerset if they're active and have trails.

i used to live in somerset before moving up north and there were lots of trails over exmoor and the quantocks

so i returned a year or so ago

only to be told that all RUPPS and byways were off limits

by a not so friendly national trust officer :spitfire

it was a friendly warning hence why i moved to midlands

education and wales :thumb2

TRF + any good green lanes near WsM?

Well I might pop down on the next Thursday meet.

I live in WsM and sometimes I don't want to trailer the bikes to Salisibury, I want to stay local(ish). I know a few lanes but they are short and not what I call real 'green lanes' and I can count them on one hand (ok, maybe two).

I heard a rumour that if you joined the TRF they would only show you the 'not so juicy' lanes until you were a long standing member. Is that right? I can understand why they do it I suppose as they don't want you coming along for a few meets then tearing up all the trails with your 'inconsiderate mates' and undoing all their hard work in public relations etc.

Off out this Saturday but don't know where to go. Anyone fancy showing me some places I can go or fancy tagging along?

'I heard a rumour that if you joined the TRF they would only show you the 'not so juicy' lanes until you were a long standing member. Is that right? I can understand why they do it I suppose as they don't want you coming along for a few meets then tearing up all the trails with your 'inconsiderate mates' and undoing all their hard work in public relations etc.'

Some people have moaned to me about exactly that but they are a bit cagey with good reason.
At least if you go along you should be able to find out when the next run out is:thumb2

I think I will go along on Thursday, but too late for this weekend.

How does it work? Is it one membership to the TRF and one to the local group and how often do you get out?

Yep, join the local and national group.
Myself I don't get out as much as I would like but thats because I try to do toooo much!!! Cycling, running, horse riding crewing my wife when she's endurance riding plus all the other stuff that always seems to need doing at a weekend!!!:eek:

Back
Top Bottom