Quest 2 from the states?

Rich-v

Hello all,

Can anyone think of a problem (apart from import duties) in ordering a Quest 2 from America? It seems there are a couple of ebay shops doing them for under a ton.

I'd need to get the UK maps but does anyone know of any major differences between the Brit one and theirs?

Ta in advance :thumb2

Hello all,

Can anyone think of a problem (apart from import duties) in ordering a Quest 2 from America? It seems there are a couple of ebay shops doing them for under a ton.

I'd need to get the UK maps but does anyone know of any major differences between the Brit one and theirs?

Ta in advance :thumb2
By the time you've bought and paid for the maps it'll be hardly worth it...

I didnt think that the quest II took cards.

Me too, all internal memory AFAIK.

Thought about a 60csx? Not much smaller screen, takes CN SD cards, more robust than the Quest and probably similar price. Only real negative IMHO is that it only beeps for directions, it doesn't talk at you.

Me too, all internal memory AFAIK.

Thought about a 60csx? Not much smaller screen, takes CN SD cards, more robust than the Quest and probably similar price. Only real negative IMHO is that it only beeps for directions, it doesn't talk at you.

I have a 60 believe me when I say you don't need voice prompts, just set one of the dispaly fields as distance to next and ride....

Had a Quest for a while, liked its internal battery, thought the screen was somehow better than the 60 but did not like the voice prompts...

Good unit, I might even buy another for the car and to have my own mapsource software...

Looks like I was wrong BTW about the cards, so what is the difference between the one and the two???

115mb in a US model,just over twice that in a UK version. Quest 2 will use NT for postcode search but is as slow as hell.
Dave

Don't do it!

The Quest 1 was a brilliant bit of kit but the Quest 2 is rubbish. Okay, you can do a post code search on the Q2 but at the price of losing satellite lock at the first sign of a tree and screen redraw rates which are so slow you ride off the map and have to wait for the GPS to catch up.

Honestly, don't waste your money.

I base that rant on having owned and used the following...

Quest 1 :D
Quest 2 (including a replacement) :spitfire
2610 :)
C510 :)
Zumo 550 :)

Hey, thanks all. I had the Quest 1 but thought the 2610 would be better but it was only bulkier. I like the idea of the Zumo but it also looks a little bulky. The Quest was just a good size to be useful but not like I was riding round with a 50" plasma strapped to the bars. I may well go for the original quest again then.... cheers all....

BTW... anyone selling one at the mo?

there's approx 100 new units up for grabs, if some reseller wants to take a punt. 2610 was a solid work horse, zumo is price positioned and the next entry level being missed or overlooked by some is Nuvi 500 series, (510 with bluetooth for the tekky spec comparers). Half the price and mounting options not a problem, so long as you ignore the marketing pitch zumo for bikes, nuvi for scoots

Back
Top Bottom