Hello guys I'm new here :)

SuperRich19

Hi all,

I just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. I've just returned to the GS family by buying a 1200 adv and swapping my fjr 1300 for it. Hopefully pick it up on Friday. I originally had an 1150 gs adv on an 05 plate but a change in circumstances meant I had to sell it :( I won't say I cried when it went but I was pretty upset... Anyway I missed the 1150 and nothing has really compared since - sure the FJR is faster on motorways at licence shredding speeds but just not as much fun on any road as my 1150 was. So today I walked into my Yamaha dealer just to get a washer for my loose mirror and saw an 07 gs 1200 adv with metal panniers and 4k on the clock - no abs but who cares? Anyway, I asked for a cheeky test ride thinking I couldn't afford it and could walk away without getting the wallet out but about 15 minutes into the ride I was reasy to throw my car and house into the part ex and do any illegal stuff if necessary to own the bike. The bike is mint and riding it makes me feel special - I guess thats the gs magic! That trip to morrocco with my KTM and 1150 adv riding mates next year is definitely on now! So I guess you could say I'm a convert... Now where do I get the ukgser stickers from???

Seriously it is nice to be back on the beemer again and I look forward to spending more time on this site.

Rich.

Congatulations on the new bike, and welcome to the site :thumb

Your Yamaha dealer, was it CMC in Cannock?

Hi Polak, yes my local Yam dealer is indeed CMC in Cannock but I was in the Derbyshire area so I went to CMC in Chesterfield where I got my FJR from and spotted the GS. Do you know it?

Philzafuka, Unfortunately Rich is just my name not my wealth. I'm Super Rich in a ironic and slightly rubbish way - like my mate "Excellent Kev" who is actually crap at everything except being crap. Shame I'm not Rich in monetary terms anyway :)

Hi all,

I just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. I've just returned to the GS family by buying a 1200 adv and swapping my fjr 1300 for it. Hopefully pick it up on Friday. I originally had an 1150 gs adv on an 05 plate but a change in circumstances meant I had to sell it :( I won't say I cried when it went but I was pretty upset... Anyway I missed the 1150 and nothing has really compared since - sure the FJR is faster on motorways at licence shredding speeds but just not as much fun on any road as my 1150 was. So today I walked into my Yamaha dealer just to get a washer for my loose mirror and saw an 07 gs 1200 adv with metal panniers and 4k on the clock - no abs but who cares? Anyway, I asked for a cheeky test ride thinking I couldn't afford it and could walk away without getting the wallet out but about 15 minutes into the ride I was reasy to throw my car and house into the part ex and do any illegal stuff if necessary to own the bike. The bike is mint and riding it makes me feel special - I guess thats the gs magic! That trip to morrocco with my KTM and 1150 adv riding mates next year is definitely on now! So I guess you could say I'm a convert... Now where do I get the ukgser stickers from???

Seriously it is nice to be back on the beemer again and I look forward to spending more time on this site.

Rich.

welcome, buy the stickers, and also pay your £12 subs and you can really call yourself a tosser.....:thumb

Just ordered the stickers :) but at the risk of sounding like an ignorant Tosser what is a Tosser, and what is a twat suit and twat hat and do I really need them?

Rich.

Just ordered the stickers :) but at the risk of sounding like an ignorant Tosser what is a Tosser, and what is a twat suit and twat hat and do I really need them?

Rich.

twat suit is one of those Rallye 3 things....as for a tosser, a term of endearment and at the risk of starting a fight with the old spuds on here....sort of makes you part of the club.....being a tosser is everything....:thumb

Back
Top Bottom